cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Wifi becoming increasingly unreliable

Treborth
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

Hi

I have had the router, a Sagemcom-FAST5364 for several years and it used to be excellent. For a few months the wifi has become increasingly unreliable.

Some days it is back to normal and my main computer gets as high as 68Mbs. On Friday night it varied over a period of a few minutes from 53 to 1.0 to "could not connect to test server". After a good Saturday with speed as high as 69.6, Sunday was poor. Sunday evening it was down to 0.6Mbs. I connected a tablet with a wire to the router and got 69.6. The wifi on my main computer bounced up to 51.8 immediately after testing the tablet, but 10 minutes later was down to 1.8. This morning I tested and download was back up to 57.5.

I would appreciate some help as this is becoming very stressful.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi Treborth

If you do experience any issues with the new router then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Hi Debbie,

Sometimes OK sometimes not. I know I am dithering. It has not failed as badly as it did on the Friday and Sunday before I contacted you, nor as badly as some occasions in the weeks leading up to the bad weekend. I will replace and let you know. 

Message 3 of 18

Hi Treborth

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, is the connection working ok with the old router?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi Debbie,

Sorry not to have let you know the router arrived the day after I contacted you.

I have not used it yet as the old router has not completely gone, and I am nervous about reconnecting devices, some of which require apps which I have not used for years. I know it is daft to delay and I don't have a logical reason for the delay. 

Sorry again for the slow reply. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18
0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Hi @Ljmm1967 

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Ljmm1967
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 18

Hi there. I’m having same issues as you described. Has the replacement router fixed the issue. If it did I will be asking for one to test and see if our router is faulty. Mine keeps knocking me out of advanced settings, when I’m just opening up a setting. Had so much trouble with their shockingly bad tv hub too and even the remotes got a mind of its own🤦‍. I defo won’t be re-contracting. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi Treborth

You're welcome. 

Thank you. You too 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi Debbie, 

Thanks so much for your help. Have a good day

Message 10 of 18

Hi @Treborth 

Thanks for the Private Message 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi Treborth

If you click on my Community Username then it will take you a page with a blue button near the top (send message button)

Thanks

Message 12 of 18

Hi Debbie,

How do I send a private message? It is a while since I have contacted Talktalk.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi Treborth

No problem. Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then send the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Treborth
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 18

Hi,

That would be a good idea. Thank you.

Message 15 of 18

Hi Treborth

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing so we can rule out any faults with your current router?

0 Likes

Treborth
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 18

Hi Debbie,

I have tested the wired connection only 3 times recently as it was necessary to dig out an old tablet with an ethernet cable. All 3 times the wired result was 69/70.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hi Treborth

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Is the speed always consistent and ok over a wired connection?