cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Wifi suddenly starts dropping out and speed to device is poor

Lymmie
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

In the last couple of weeks I've noticed a big reduction in our wifi.  My phone keeps cutting out with server unreachable and the speed to device is showing as poor.  My TV was also pixellated until the lady at Talktalk tried to help last night.  It was sorted for a short time but the speed to device is still appalling and phone cuts out mid call even when I'm literally next to the router and my phone is pointing at it.  Any help would be most welcome,

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Lymmie

I'm so glad to hear that the router has arrived 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Yes it did thank you.  All up and running so fingers crossed that's sorted the issues and I won't have any more drop outs.

Thanks for all your help.

Message 3 of 14
0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Morning Lymmie,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will arrive today and we'll check back in with you tomorrow.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi Michelle

I'm really hoping that the new router arrives today, as yesterday was a nightmare - the wifi was off more often than it was on! 

I kept getting cut off from TalkTalk chat too but they seem unable to help anyway! 

It's making life difficult when working from home, so I'm hoping that the new router arrives and is the answer.

Thanks and I'll keep you posted.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi Lymmie,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Lymmie

I'm really sorry about this.

I have ordered another router and a returns bag, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi Debbie

I received the router yesterday - thanks  - but I have just opened it to set it up and the new router is broken - the stand is already snapped so it's unusable and would not stand up.  The packaging was perfect so it must have been broken before it was put into the box.

I assume that I should return this one in the returns envelope as I can't use it to replace my existing router?  Please can you send another one to replace the original?

Many thanks in advance

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Lymmie

You're welcome 🙂

The router is on its way , please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Message 10 of 14

Hi Debbie - yes they are and that would be great thank you for your help.

Message 11 of 14

Hi Lymmie

No problem. I will send the router to the address linked to the landline number in your Community Profile, are those details correct? (please do not post any personal information on this thread)

Thanks

0 Likes

Lymmie
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

Yes please that would be great - the wifi is so intermittent now.  Let me know what I need to do to arrange this.  Thanks 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi Lymmie

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, what type of phone are you using? (corded, cordless)

I've completed a line test and this hasn't detected any faults. I think we should send a different router, are you happy for me to arrange this?

0 Likes