cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Yale alarm smart hub unable to connect

Jamesneale
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Hi,

My yale alarm smart hub lost connection to the internet last week and continuously beeps. I have an Eero router, 500mb fibre. I noticed around the same time my trading  212 app stopped working. Yale have said to check DNS, which I already changed a few years back to 1.1.1.1 which fixed previous issues. They also said make sure ports 5222 and 8765 are open. I'm not sure how I do that? I have the yale smart hub 2.0 plugged into a small tp link switch which plugs into the eero. Not had any issues until last week. Any advice/ideas? I tried the live chat but got disconnected.

James
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Morning James,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi James,

Our Devices Manager has asked if you could reboot the eero and then retest the alarm again please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi James,

Thank you. I've passed this straight to our Devices Manager now and will let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Jamesneale
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 13

Account added.

James
0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi James,

I can raise this over to our Devices Team and ask them to take a look. Please can you add your Account Number to your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 13

Does the Yale appear in the Eero's device listing?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Jamesneale
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 13

Nothing seems to be blocked. No port fwd setup either. 

James
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 13

Have you ever configured any port forwarding in your Eero for them?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi James,

Thanks for trying this. Could you check the below to see if it's possibly blocked please?

discover> eero secure > scroll down to see Block and allow sites> allowed and add allowed site> restart the router/eero.

Michelle

0 Likes

Jamesneale
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

Hi, tried powering it all off for over half an hour. Same result. Yale hub just beeps and I can't see it on the network from the app. I don't know if anything has changed on the Eero / talk talk side that might cause this. Yale just said make sure those ports are open.

James
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

If it worked before, without port forwarding, why would they say it needs it now?

Keith

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi James,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, have you tried powering down the ONT and the eero for a full 30 minutes and then tried connecting the alarm again?

Michelle

0 Likes