cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub version SG4K100174

UsernameNotAvailable
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

For maybe 7 or 8 months now various posts all saying same thing, when you log into the router and try to get into advanced settings you get logged straight back out. Despite clearing cache, using desktop or laptop or iPad, whatever you do it still kicks you out before you can change anything. Still no fix after all this time yet all caused by a forced firmware update that you cannot roll back. Come on TalkTalk, provide the old firmware or fix it, but this level of service isn’t acceptable, especially since you broke it in the first place by not testing it thoroughly before forcing it upon paying customers….

13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi

Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Please can you keep the new router and return the old one using the returns bag.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

OK so original router was FAST5364-3.T8 and replacement is FAST5464-2.T4, both are running SG4K100174. 
Prior to October/
November when firmware on old router was running fine and then it was quietly replaced which bricked it, basically it then took forever for router menus to appear (as in minutes not seconds) and then finally it would log you out, this replacement has been considerably quicker in the menus, though there is still a delay of a few seconds after any selection whilst it decides what to do, but it has so far remained logged in. Nothing else has been changed in the setup beside the router itself, same cables, same devices, same browsers etc. In fact the internet in general seems more responsive this evening with the replacement. So whatever the winter update did it basically knackered the old router. 
There's a bag inside the box to return the router, so I might as well do it now because even if the new one develops a fault, it's already performing better than the old one. Obviously something to do with hardware because software appears to be same version. Hopefully there will be no further issues but definitely TalkTalk should either stop pushing silent unrequested updates, or at least offer the ability to download previous firmware to rollback. After all, if it aint broke don't fix it. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Morning,

Ok thanks for the update. Hopefully it will arrive today.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Not as yet received

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Good morning,

How are you getting on, has the replacement router arrived?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi

Thank you 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

✔️ done

Message 8 of 14

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Can you also add your TalkTalk account number to your Community Profile, I'm unable to locate the details with the landline number.

I can then send out the replacement router.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Yes please

Message 10 of 14

Hi

Would you like me to send a router for testing?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

From what I've seen, it would probably be best being v4 router as this is a v3 which others have reported same fault even after exchanging to another v3

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Morning,

I think we should send a replacement router for testing purposes to see if is still happening and to rule this out. Would this be ok?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

This has so far only affected a couple of customers, I have never been able to replicate it on mine.

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes