cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

fibre 65 now 42 mbps

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

hi my fibre 65 has dropped from 77 mbps to 42 mbps done all the checks that tt says i should do even testing socket still the same speed of 42mbps when i do speedtest it says my speed of 42mbps is as expected i had fibre 65 for 3 years or more it was always in 70s iam out of contract dont know if that counts i was going to renew but not if it stays at this speed i pay for 65fibre and i should get what i pay for

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I hope everything goes well with your new ISP.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 24

its too late iam going to another provider getting connected on 7th may tried to get full fibre on talktalk chat last two weeks as i would like to stay with talktalk coversation yesterday (sunday) person did not seem to understand things even when i said to them to see previous chat sessions that were saved in my account was quite shocking iam been with talktalk nearly twenty years.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

Hi biggie65

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit?

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 24

now 52 mbps no contact from any one about results tried to
 get full fibre but after speaking to someone on chat 3 times in a week and nearly 20 years as a customer  iam leaving to join another provider just shocking

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

OK thanks. If you could leave it there over the weekend we'll see if DLM move you to a faster line profile. If it doesn't then we'll probably need to arrange an engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 24

The Router is connected to test socket can you confirm received this

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

Hi biggie65,

Thanks, yes you can use your connected devices while testing

Chris

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 24

i will do this once as iam not going back and forth with one question a day and waiting next day for a answer i can use my other connected devies i presume in the meantime i will be checking for full fibre deals 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Hi biggie65,

Could you connect your router to your test socket and leave it there over the weekend. We'll check in on Monday and if there's no improvement to your speed we'll need to arrange an engineer visit to your home to investigate further

Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 24

iam using router supplied by you its just plugged as normal not test socket iam not doing this all the time back and forth a question at a time  there quite clearly a problem iam paying for more and getting 40% less iam looking at going at other providers as out of contract 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Morning,

Thanks for the confirming. Is this router still connected at the moment as it can take DLM a few days to monitor the connection before it starts to make any changes to the speed?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 24

i have used a old tt router one before this router same speeds 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. The engineer was unable to find a fault, however I can see that line tests are now passing ok. Is your router still connected to the test socket at the moment? Do you also have an alternative router that you could test with?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 24

dont use house phone dont have phone ethernet speed 42 wifi speed 42 what did the engineer do

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

OK thanks. Line test is passing now, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 24

just checked no difference at all 40mbps

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Good afternoon,

The fault has now been closed by Openreach. How is your connection at the moment?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Morning,

I've checked again and the fault is still being investigated by Openreach, no additional updates as yet. Hopefully we'll know more later on this afternoon.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 19 of 24

Hello,

We've re-checked and there are no additional updates as yet from Openreach and the fault is still under investigation. We'll check again first thing in the morning.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 20 of 24

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I can see that the line test detected a fault which has been raised to Openreach for an external line investigation to be completed. We'll check this again this afternoon to see if we've received a further update from Openreach.

Thanks

Michelle