cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

intermit drop out sometimes 30 -40 times a day for 3mth speeds down to 123kbps or 0

Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 31

Been getting intermit drop out sometimes 30 -40 times a day for 3mth also speeds down to 123kbps or zero ( have fiber 65) Logged complaint with talk talk they've sent two engineers both checks router and Wi-Fi signals all fine even though I explain Wi-Fi's fine and already replaced router 4 times I ask engineers sent to check drop log either they don't know how to or don't have equipment to do so then its wait for the report waste a few more days few hours calling talk talk

I ask phone tech engineers look at drop log confirm drops ( well some know how to other's don't )?open reach engineer first two turn up check router again cannot perform all the test as first test equipment was faulty second couldn't get through to there tech department nothing else done? More calls to talk talk third open reach engineer changed ont doesn't cure it, forth visit engineers didn't even turn up calls states there is a known fault at exchange between talk talks and there apparatus I have this on recorded phone conversation speak too talk talk they say there is no fault when I play them recording this then changes to there was but its now fixed ,

Call technical and complaints department over many times takes hours first complaints manager was sacked / dismissed second moved to another job ? Every call has to go through tech support then 30 minutes waiting for them to say case manager in s busy will call back in 2-4 days this either never happens or phone rings once then call is stopped I'm registered as vulnerable cancer, heart bypass and stroke explain I explain cannot use heart monitor as line drops then whole things starts again any ideas have requested drop logs they don't appear . Resolution letter that doesn't get posted or is lost in post

I have performed all test 100s of times they have replaced router 4 times I even explain to them that you can connect straight to ont which I have and still get the fault 100% is not router any ideas how to get someone to actually do anything my illness makes this a lifeline for me at the moment its terrible

NA
30 REPLIES 30

Message 21 of 31

There are reauthentications showing until the early hours of this morning but there aren't any showing after 30/07/2024 02:44:51 (this may be when you switched the ONT off). I'll pass it over to our Future Fibre team and ask them to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly

Chris

0 Likes

Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 31

As profile has to have account number can you actually see the calls I have made and what has actually been done if not most likerly you will be simply go over same as I have many times before if you can can you tell me whom I contact to actually get this rectified as complaints team hasnt worked neither has tech been any help

NA
0 Likes

Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 31

As I said both ont and router have been powered of over night power leads disconnected  line may work for few minutes or hours then starts again  Can you see drop log ? or are you just going through test sequence again ?

I know tech can see  drop log tell me its dropping out, has even done so when engineer visits been told by openreach its a known fault in exchange  when I call talk told thats not what report says when play phone recording then told oh its is but now working its like ground hog day ?

NA
0 Likes

Message 24 of 31

Have you tried testing with a device connected directly to the ONT with an Ethernet cable, bypassing the router?

Chris

0 Likes

Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 31

Already been off over night just reconnected same as before whilst I understand   need to go through test I have done this 100s of times was more looking for how to get talk talk to actually do something rather than go through test sequence untold times having spoken to them been promised return calls that don't happen or to be told person dealing with case has booked a call for 5 - 7 days which doesnt happen then go through the endless loop of calling waiting for call etc 

NA
0 Likes

Message 26 of 31

OK thanks. Can you switch the ONT and router off and leave them off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 31

Lights on router go through connection sequence (Blinking amber – Blinking amber and white – Solid white – ) also ip change , Ont is as should be solid green power and connection and lan

NA
0 Likes

Message 28 of 31

Thanks for updating your profile. Do the lights change on the ONT and/or router when the connection drops?

Chris

0 Likes

Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 31

Info updated it has taken time due too drop outs and poor speeds

NA
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 30 of 31

Hi 11111,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes