cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

not working, fibre line

iwantfibre
Participant
Private Message
Message 30 of 30

hi

had fibre line fitted two month ago, work for a couple of week but then just stopped.

have made many phone calls to customer service and each time we go through the same process to confirm no internet

just looking to get this sorted

could be worse!!?
0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

Morning,

Can I just confirm, is the best number to contact you on the one in your Community Profile? (the alternative contact number) Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 30

It's the same procedure with all companies, @iwantfibre.

Often problems are resolved quite quickly. These wouldn't be recorded as complaints, they are simply reports of a fault or whatever. 

Support agents on Chat etc sometimes offer to escalate things to Complaint Status quite early on if the issue appears to be getting seriously stuck.

Whenever it happens it's a concscious moment, with a reference point to start the clock ticking. 

The same happens with your utility companies, banks etc. So it is not just a technicality. 

It's a formal procedure and can have significant consequences so there cannot be an informal starting point. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 30

if they have tried would suggest they have only called landline.

nothing on mobile

like I said earlier I work Monday to Friday leaving the house early and not getting home until late, so calling the landline would be a wasted of time.

is now looking like my complaint has been kicked out on a technicality all because I did not raise a complaint on my first, second, third or fourth call early  March so I am being told not enough time has passed because I did not officially complain until April I have to wait 8 weeks before anything can be done on this. if I had of known it would take this long to sort would have raised complaint straight away, but being fair Pearson thought I would give chance for thing to get sorted.

lesson learned from this,  any future problems will raise official complaint on first contact.

could be worse!!?
0 Likes

Message 4 of 30

Morning,

Just before I re-escalate this can I confirm, have you received any voicemails as the team advised that they have tried to make contact.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 30

nope!

could be worse!!?
0 Likes

Message 6 of 30

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, were you contacted yesterday?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 30

evening 

received a call from a complaint manager over the weekend.

had a 5 min chat and I was advise that he could not see any record of my fibre line being installed, I laughed quite a lot and we continued to discuss for a couple of mins, I had to keep apologising as I was using inappropriate language!

have now decided to look at an alternative provider because I first logged an issue on the 3rd March and now we are 9th May so close to 11 weeks with no solution. 

thanks

could be worse!!?
0 Likes

Message 8 of 30

Morning,

Thank you. I've passed this over and have asked if the team can contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 30

added

could be worse!!?
0 Likes

Message 10 of 30

Morning,

Please can you add your account number to your Community Profile and we can ask the Freedom Fibre Team if they can contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 30

evening

I have made contact with the fibre team 3-4 times, but they have not been able to sort.

issue I have is I work Monday to Friday leaving the house at 07:30 and getting home at 18:00, the phone line for fibre support are open 08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday. the times I have managed to called have been on days off but unfortunately I don't have any more spear days I can book off work, the only way I could be at home to call would be to take a day off without pay.

I must point out I did call on one occasion from work during my lunch but the person on the other end of the line was asking me to turn the router on and off. I explained I was not at home and was then advised not much they could do unless I followed the the routine of switching things on and off whilst they were on the call so they could see what was happening.

have joined live chat in the evening but they do not support the fibre connection I have?

so I joint the support community and now you are saying you can not help.

basically I am stuck

thanks

could be worse!!?
0 Likes

Message 12 of 30

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately as you're on a Freedom Fibre circuit there isn't much else that we can do via the Community, have you been give contact details for our Freedom Fibre support team?

Chris

Message 13 of 30

hi

lights stay green, have done rest on both ONT and Router many times now and the fibre line will work for 5 mins then i get the message no internet available. have tried the windows problem solver and this just tells me to rest network, but again only works for 5 mins.

also just to add I was on live chat over the weekend trying to explain issue with fibre line!! received a text from TalkTalk to say an engineer would come out to look at the line coming into the house, just checked outside and it appears someone has messed with the old copper line so it dose appear we have not had the fibre line checked!!!!!!!!!

because the issue with the fibre line has been going on for toooo long i have now raised a complain (ref CMP-429199), seeing today that someone has been out today and looked at the old copper line (soon to be obsolete) i am guessing this relates to that and nothing is being done on the fibre connection?

becoming a bit of a joke now! 

just need a resolution on the fibre line!

could be worse!!?
0 Likes

Message 14 of 30

Apologies for the delay, do the lights on the ONT change when the connection drops?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 30

take it no one has a fix?

could be worse!!?
0 Likes

Message 16 of 30

yep not working properly.

tried again late last night, same again works for about 5-10 mins then lose internet

could be worse!!?
0 Likes

Message 17 of 30

yep not working properly.

tried again late last night, same again works for about 5-10 mins then lose internet.

when I log into the router this is showing  all as being good.

just very frustrating as I when the line was first fitted it work ok for about two weeks then just stopped?

could be worse!!?
0 Likes

Message 18 of 30

Thanks for trying that, is it still not working?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 30

did this and it worked ................. for 5 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

could be worse!!?
0 Likes

Message 20 of 30

OK thanks. Could you switch the ONT and router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes