cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

not working, fibre line

iwantfibre
Participant
Private Message
Message 30 of 30

hi

had fibre line fitted two month ago, work for a couple of week but then just stopped.

have made many phone calls to customer service and each time we go through the same process to confirm no internet

just looking to get this sorted

could be worse!!?
0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 21 of 30

ethernet connected, saying - Unidentified network, no internet

could be worse!!?
0 Likes

Message 22 of 30

Hi,

Thanks for the information. Could you connect a device directly to the ONT by Ethernet cable, bypassing the router, and check to see if you have an internet connection

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 30

hi

no numbers quoted, see copy of email below

Hi 
We've got great news. We’re going to upgrade your home to full fibre broadband, free of charge.

Your update is part of a wider, once in a generation, digital broadband upgrade happening across the UK. You can watch a brief video that explains more about it here.

As a loyal TalkTalk customer, we’re prioritising your upgrade to full fibre, so that you can benefit sooner from this faster and more reliable broadband. Your upgrade is free of charge and your existing contract, telephone number and extra services won't change.

We’ve arranged for an engineer form our partners Freedom Fibre, to install it to your home, at postcode ending 1JJ.
Your Freedom Fibre engineer appointment is Thursday 2 February 2023, between 12 noon and 6pm.
could be worse!!?
0 Likes

Message 24 of 30

Hi

do you not have an FTTP Reference on an email etc ?  I'm unable to locate details for your fibre line.

Do you know if your service was installed by openreach or City fibre ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 30

all done.

only have a voucher number GPU74ZWA

could be worse!!?
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 26 of 30

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number and FTTP order number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Message 27 of 30

hi 

1. TALKTALK  SUPPLIED ROUTER -- SAGEMCOM, FAST NET 5464-2.T4
2.  2 SOLID GREEN AND 1 FLASHES EVERY NOW AND THEN NOT REGULAR) ON ONT AND ROUTER IS SOLID WHITE
3.  PC CONNECTED VIA EITHERNET CABLE, NOT INTER NET AVALIBEL

could be worse!!?
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 28 of 30

Hi iwantfibre

If you can answer the questions posed by Keith, we can assist.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 30

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it)?
2. What is the exact status of the lights on the ONT, plus what about the light on the router?
3. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes