cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

switch off wifi channel optimisation

davethurston
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

1  please disable wifi channel optimisation on my account.

2  if i reset the router for any reason, does optimisation get switched back on?

3  I have just got the internet and VOIP back after 7 days offline due to an Openreach problem with their optical splitter - all neighbours ( on Plusnet, BT, TT etc) affected. How do I go about getting compensation given I only have a contract with TT and not Openreach?

4  I am on fixed price plus  - increases with cpi but no extra 3.9% pa.  i am getting concerned that renewal messages from TT seem to ignore this situation and I will have to try to get a refund when they ignore the agreed t's and c's.  I have tried to get acknowledgement from TT billing before but have been ignored. Can you raise this issue with Billing again ? 

Thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Dave

That's great, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

fine thanks. no issues.

Message 3 of 8

Hi Dave

How's the connection been since yesterday (when I switched the WIFI optimisation off again)

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Dave

Ahh sorry 🙂

All switched off again now 🙂

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

hi debbie,

you're too efficient ! 

you switched wifi optimisation off before i then did a router reset.

Can you disable wifi optimise again..... sorry to mess you around....

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi davethurston

I've switched the WIFI optimisation off. If you factory reset the router then the WIFI optimisation will switch back on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

@davethurston, staff will sort out wifi optimisation when they get back after the weekend. 

Yes, any time you factory reset the router, or there's a significant update, you'll need to ask for it to be switched off again as the router's default is for wifi optimisation to be on.

Talktalk sorts out automatic compensation:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

For other worries about billing, please post a new topic in the billing section of the forum. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes