cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

talktalk Tech blames my devices

MikeS86
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi since May 8th my speed dropped from a steady 51mbs to 47mbs, after multible times talking with the "Tech Agents" it seems they do not know anything  that is not on their list of questions. Every online check comes back that it is the fault of my devices !!

I have proved it is not by getting my friends PC and connecting it direct to my router which is connected direct to the B.T. master socket and getting the same 47mbs from Ooklaand the Which checker.  Had one Email asking if every thing was now OK after the visit ?? No one has ever contacted me in person.

Talktalk seem to just pacify customers now . 16 years ago when I joined faults where delt with very quick having engineers arrive with in a day or so .

Sorry for the long explanation

6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

OK Mike, please let us know how you get on with the new router

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi, since your Blog a Talktalk person has rang me 1 hour ago approx, I told her that last week they installed the super fast cable to the pole outside my home.  The workmen said it would be connected within 4 weeks.  Talk Talk are sending me a new router so best to wait till that is connected and see how  that goes.  I have 2 identical routers so as a retired Electronics Engineer for the last 60 years ( before semi conductors were developed ) I do not think that both routers would develop the same fault at the same time, and as I said previously in my blog, my friend used his computer to prove my devises ( disconnected)    were NOT at fault. (same 46/8mbs)

Wait and see.

MikeS

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Mike

The line tests are clear - No faults detected.

I can see re connections on the line, has the router been rebooted?

When did we last send you a replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

To keep track of responses to your posts, @MikeS86, use the profile area  and you should see an ACTIVITY tab. 

That shows you all ongoing posts on your topic. 

Staff won't be back now before Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Minimum guarantee speed is 50nbs  and I have not had an engineer out . The asking about a visit was from Talktalk PLC website in reply to my  concern about the slow speed. 

I am new to this community  being mid 70's I do not find it easy to get back to reply  to messages  sorry 😐 

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

@MikeS86 ,

Staff were offering to look into your issue for you on your previous topic here: sudden low speed. - TalkTalk Help & Support but you never responded to them.

Not sure what you mean by an email asking if everything was ok after the visit. What visit? Did you get an Engineer out, and if so, what did the Engineer do/say about the issue?

Like I said on your other topic though, is 47Mbps really that bad? Other than running a speed check, do you actually notice any difference in real life internet use due to that small 4Mbps difference?

In a way I'd love mine to be as fast as 47Mbps but on the other hand, 35Mbps is plenty for anything I need to do.

Also, did you find out what your minimum guaranteed speed is and if yours has dropped below it? TalkTalk's hands are often tied to a certain extent as they may not be able to raise a fault with Openreach if the speed is still above the guaranteed minimum for the line.

0 Likes