cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

500 to 900Mb Upgrade stuck

adprice
First Timer
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I signed up for a new contract to go from 500Mb to 900Mb back in April.  My go live date came and went but no upgrade's gone through and my account still shows my old tariff.  Complete radio silence from talk talk.  I've also raised this with talk talk multiple times, including once by live chat, phoning and pressing 1 for a callback, and also phoning and speaking to a representative.  Both times I spoke to someone they assured me it had been escalated and someone would call back in a week, but nothing.

I literally have zero idea what the problem is, what the estimated resolution timescales are, or even if talktalk are actually aware of my issue and trying to fix it.  Posting on here in the hopes that someone can actually respond to let me know what's going on.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Gordy66774
First Timer
Private Message
Message 1 of 10

HI something similar tome has happened .i upgraded to the 500mbps fiber , yet im still getting 150mpbs .so bascially ive paid for a service im not getting.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

I understand your frustration, basically the regrade order is showing as pending on Openreach's system so we have raised a fault ticket to Openreach to progress it.  I have requested an update today. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the update Arne, but respectfully I've been told this twice now, and in both cases I didn't hear a thing back.  It would be nice to get more detail on what the issue is, and when I can expect a resolution.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi adprice

Thank you for updating your profile.

We have escalated this to our provisioning team to progress the upgrade ASAP. 

Message 5 of 10

If you are meshing the Eero you will lose half the bandwidth for backhaul (Not just Eero most consumer meshing will do the same). For best performance wire them to a switch.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi MrWrighty

Actually, the reason for upgrading was because i'm currently paying £44.20 per month for 500Mb, but the contract I signed up for was £45 per month for an upgrade to 900Mb and two Amazon Eero routers included.  So, for the extra 80pence per month I get nearly double the speed, plus much better wifi signal around the home.  Definitely worth it.  And I can guarantee I will notice the extra speed with 900Mb, mostly because I download games (legally purchased online) and they tend to be 60Gb or more each these days.  I frequently end up waiting 30 mins or so for something to download on 500Mb, so halving that to 15 mins will make a difference.  

0 Likes

adprice
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Hi Arne

Thanks for the update - I have updated my profile to include the account number as requested.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi adprice

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Curious as to why you need 900mbps, bet you will never ever use 900mb bandwidth in a household. We run big businesses on a fraction of that. Great for bragging rights though.

0 Likes