cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Aborted Fibre 150 Install - Questions & Ruminations

OscarNorth
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Ordered Fibre 150 on 11th July 2024 following reminder/marketing emails that we had been out-of-contract from our Fibre 35 package for some time and there were offers to be had.  Placed order via online chat and was given basic info about Eero system and what we would receive in the post, but no info about the ACTUAL install itself, but hey, no drama.

We received a text with a date for the engineer to arrive.  The day came, nothing.  No contact, no explanation, no equipment arrived in the post, nowt.  I contacted TalkTalk, they told me there would be ground work done outside by Openreach etc and timelines would be sent to me.  This did not happen. 

Long story short, a guy came round, came in the house, sucked in his cheeks and mumbled, then left.  Three weeks later, Openreach chalked some marks on the road outside and that was the last we saw of them.  Again, no contact or explanation or indeed anything.  Roll on this week, I start online chat, only to be told that no work was even scheduled to start until 3rd October.... 3M after I ordered the service.

Customer retentions offered the usual rigmarole of £100 not to cancel, but they agreed the cancellation in the end (in fact, the first chat operative positively supported this).

What on earth??  Still no explanation as to why, what etc.  Where are Openreach in all this?  Surely nobody thinks that 3M is an acceptable estimated install time?  Our SA3 address is suburban, non-rural, not a wayleave property, we are homeowners and selected neighbours have various fibre or coax installations with no problems or issues whatsoever.  What happened??

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

They should pick this up on here today, I did escalate it to them yesterday.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

OscarNorth
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Thanks Keith, that's great.

But the plot thickens.  Openreach turned up today whilst I was at work and my significant other explained the situation and the cancellation.  They said they had nothing on their job sheet to indicate cancellation and proceeded to do all the external work.  They told us to contact TalkTalk so they could complete the internal installation ASAP.

I'm somewhat dumbfounded and still in the dark about it all, because I haven't heard from TalkTalk and Gawd only knows how they are gonna deal with this one.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?