cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

City Fibre network eero 6 cannot get external IP address

PeterR7
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Until my recent renewal all worked well with Sagemcom FAST5464 Router but now, having been issued with an eero 6, it will not connect to the internet because it cannot get an external IP address. I have followed the instructions to switch everything off and start all over again numerous times but always get the error (bluetooth and presence of ethernet cable get ticks). I've reverted to the Sagemcom and all works fine. What is the fix please?  

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

That's great Peter, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Thanks, Chris. All is now fixed.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

Hi @PeterR7 

From my experience once the change is done you'll be able to use your eero . In my case I have had to temporarily go back to a hub 2 for some testing and I was surprised to find on the Eero profile, the hub 2 is happy on that one as well.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

OK, I've requested the profile change, this should go through within the next few minutes

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Chris, 

Very happy for you to do this & realise there will be a service interruption but I've had other problems (no concern of yours) with this switch to eero  since circa 4 July; to the extent that my confidence in TalkTalk is pretty low at the moment. So my only worry is that you changing my profile with not make my old router inoperable if the eero still does not connect after you do your stuff.

Best,

Peter

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi PeterR7

As Keith has said this appears to be a profile issue. Are you OK for me to change your profile now, there may be a short interruption to your service

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

CityFibre networks often need a profile change when connecting an eero. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes