cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

CityFibre FTTP & TalkTalk systems

jb212
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

CityFibre installed their ducting into my street around 8 months ago, then in Nov 22 sent me an email saying they have finished and TalkTalk was listed as an available ISP offering the service. After spending 1hr 44min on TT's Chat a few days ago, I kept being passed between agents and no-one could answer my questions (I was passed between 4 different people). I asked for someone to call me who could help but nobody has, the last person also mentioned they would raise a complaint 😞

Can any of the OCEs help? - In particular I would like to find out:

1, Is FTTP available with TalkTalk to my address?

2, As it's with CityFibre, would I get a symmetric up/down connection? (I read ISPs were not yet allowed to advertise it due to Ofcom's code of conduct around speeds but you don't throttle CF's connection, but would like confirmation?)

3, Apparently whilst TT's public checker says FTTP is available, one of your internal systems doesn't list it as available. If it is available, can I request your internal system to be updated so I can speak/chat to someone about new contracts without that barrier going forward?

4, Was a complaint raised and will I be contacted?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

JB212

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Im really sorry that you are unhappy. your cancellation fee as of today would be £ 38.57 as per the information on our help page https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

@Arne-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi jb212

You will need to call our Future fibre team, they can help, when I access your account it does not offer Fttp, the future fibre team will need to contact CityFibre.

Regards

Having just being on your chat again to supposedly Future Fibre and gawd knows who else (after being transferred 5-6 times), then speaking to someone in your "Loyalty team" on the phone, who said that I would need to speak with Future Fibre... I am giving up. After what must be about 18+ years with TalkTalk, your "customer service" has deteriated so much that I will be moving to another ISP, who have provided excellent customer service during my enquiries with them the last few days and are offering me a better deal for a symmetric 150 Mbps line than I'm paying with TT for 65 Mbps FTTC.

Service matters in todays world and unfortunetly I don't see a bright future for TT, after speaking with sooo many agents. Reading threads on here it seems you guys whilst trying to help, are still having to battle with internal teams to get answers, rather than being able to own the issues yourselves like you used to, which is a shame.

The person in "Loyalty" said he was also the "Cancellations" team but didn't know how the early contract termination fees are calculated, is there a link anywhere you can provide? I just need to know when (exact date) my fee drops down and by how much to determine when to cancel the service.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi jb212

You will need to call our Future fibre team, they can help, when I access your account it does not offer Fttp, the future fibre team will need to contact CityFibre.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Yep, as per item 3 above it says: 

FTTPFTTP

... but apparently an internal TT system says its not available (according to a couple of agents on chat)
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi JB212,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced problems. Could you I just ask, does the service show as available on our availability checker - Guide to Full Fibre and FTTP | TalkTalk

Chris

0 Likes