cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Connection speed issue

Nick2345
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I have been upgraded to FF150 package as part of renewing my contract and I have done a speed test, but I am only getting download speed of 75 mbps and upload speed of 78 mpbs. This is pretty much what I was getting on the old FF65 package. My FF is with Cityfibre, so it is a synchronous connection with the same upload/download speed.

I have restarted both the ONT and router, but this has made no difference. I am doing the speed test on a laptop with 5GHz connection to the router and I am sitting about 5 feet away from it. According to Windows, my link speed to the router is 866mbps, so I don't see that it being connected via wifi should be the issue.

I was expecting better performance and the current speed is well below the minimum guaranteed speed of 120mbps. The service allegedly went live yesterday, but on my "my account" page it still shows that my package is FF65 data only. Hence, I am unsure whether the change has actually happened (even though I received a confirmatory email to say that the change had been made to the package). Could I ask for this to be looked into please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

No problem Nick, have a great weekend

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Many thanks Chris. The current speeds are perfectly fine for now and not causing any issues, so if it takes a few days there is no problem. Thanks for the quick response and update about the situation.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Nick,

I've received an update from our provisioning team. They say that the order is stuck on one of the systems. They've escalated it to have it fixed which can take 3-5 working days. Apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Nick,

Thanks for updating your profile. The upgrade doesn't appear to have gone through yet, I'm not sure why. I'll try to find out and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Nick2345
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Hi Chris, thanks for the fast reply. I have now added my TT account number to my profile. Best wishes,

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Nick,

Can you please add your TalkTalk home telephone number or account number to your community profile and we'll be happy to look into this for you

Chris

0 Likes