cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

DNS Problems

Jimpy2
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Hi Community,  since going to Full Fibre 150 I have been getting a error message on all sorts of sites for instance if I put Amazon into search box two or more amazon sites will come up, some amazon sites will work others  not, this happens on a lot of different sites, not just amazon the error message is "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"  this is on a Android Phone if I  switch OFF the Internet and use

my phone data the problem is not there and all sites work ok, which makes me think it's something to do with my Internet connection or the Amazon eero router as supplied by TalkTalk.

Any ideas as this is a bit annoying 🤬

Jimpy, Staffordshire
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Morning,

You don't have to have AD Blocker switched on. Some people prefer to see no ads at all but if you don't mind then it's fine to leave it off.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Michelle,  this problem started when I was looking for high reach hedge cutters I put into Google search "high reach hedge cutters" it then brought up ( on samsung phone) list of adverts for various cutters but all with,   just noticed  "By Google" at bottom of advert none of these sites will work. 

Would it be easier just to leave switched off ?  is eero just doing too good a job of stopping adverts ??

Jimpy, Staffordshire
0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi,

Ok thanks. Could you confirm the specific sites please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Yes that's correct Michelle switch OFF  AD Blocker and everything seems to be working OK and sites will load and work switch back on and the same sites will not load or work

Jimpy, Staffordshire
0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi Jim,

Thanks for confirming. So all sites work/load once AD blocker is switched off but it still happens when it's switched back on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Morning Michelle,

Model Number of eero  is N010001 and is running Firmware 7.4.3  which on line says its the latest firmware

Hope this helps

Jim

Jimpy, Staffordshire
0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Morning,

What version of firmware is currently showing on the eero please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Jimpy2
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 15

Hi Community,  Everything still seems to be working OK tried switching AD Blocker on and off with it switched on some sites will not load so got it switched off at moment But is this a problem with the eero router or just mine that's got a problem, if so is there a update for the router or do I need a new one

Jimpy, Staffordshire
0 Likes

Jimpy2
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 15

Hi Still trying !!! 

I have changed a setting in my eero router, Go to  settings  then to  "discover" then to   " eero secure"  Then turn OFF  AD Blocking.

Things seem to be working 🤞🤞

Jimpy, Staffordshire
0 Likes

Jimpy2
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 15

Hi Community,  update  on my Samsung Android phone installed Firefox still using Google search engine small differences but basically the same, then tried "Bing & Yahoo" search engines but still got simular problems, some sites work on Yahoo but not on Google or Bing  and vice versa,  really confused!!

Jimpy, Staffordshire
0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi Karl - TalkTalk,  the same happens on I-Pad useing both Chrome and Safari  but just noticed both are useing Google search so changed search engine to Yahoo on both ipad (iso 17.6.1)  and Android (14) still the same problems even got problem on a talktalk list but the talktalk list just below worked, coming back to a possible problem with eero router as its the only common thing and switching it off and useing phone data (Vodafone) there doesn't seem to be a problem, not tried it on pc yet but will give it a go later tonight, and report back 

Jimpy, Staffordshire
0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi

This is strange, does this happen only on the android device ?  If you use another browser on Android does this give the same error, so if you try Edge or firefox etc.

Do you have other devices connected to test with, PC or laptop etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Jimpy2
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 15

Thanks for that Gliwmaeden2 was not sure where to post it, Many thanks for your help

Jimpy, Staffordshire

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Moving this to the Full Fibre section, @Jimpy2.

Staff will respond during the day (Monday to Friday).

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes