cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Device Going Offline Overnight

meriva1400
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hello. I hope someone can help. Last week I upgraded from Fibre 65 to Fibre 150. The Wifi Hub router was replaced by an Eero 6 router. I was given to understand that the Eero 6 router provided better cover than the Wifi Hub. However, I am having a little problem with one of my devices which keeps going offline since I have had the Eero 6. The item in question is a wifi camera in the far end of the garage. It seems to work fine during the day but in the evenings and night it goes offline. I did not have this problem with the Wifi Hub. I assume it’s being caused by some interference locally overnight. Nothing like this occurred with the Wifi Hub. The garage is only about 25 feet from where my Eero 6 is placed. It’s a brick built garage and I know that this can be a problem but as I say everything worked fine with the old Wifi Hub. If I move the camera to house side of the garage it works ok. However, this is no good for area I need to cover with the camera. Does anyone know if there is a way around this (without spending much money) so the camera does not go offline overnight. Thanks.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 10

Hi @KeithFrench - Thanks for letting us know 🙂

@meriva1400 - Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Having done some diagnostics via a PM, I have not yet seen screenshots from where the camera goes offline. However, @meriva1400 has now contacted me to say it is all now OK, thinking perhaps a neighbour may have been doing something that interfered with this camera.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 10

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Unfortunately, the screenshots supplied by @meriva1400 were of no use. I have requested that the customer re-reads my guide & refered to particular page numbers within it & then get me a new set of screenshots.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hello,

Ok, thanks for letting us know. Hopefully @KeithFrench will be able to offer some more advice.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

I am still having problems in getting a good enough signal in the garage in the evening and night for my camera to work (no problem during the day).  I am waiting for Keith to come back to me to see if there is a solution to my problem. As I said previously the camera worked fine all the time when I had the Wifi Hub and Fibre 65.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

You will need to do this on a device near the camera.

I will PM you a link for a guide of mine on Wi-Fi interference & initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please post the screenshots to me in a PM (to protect your privacy), which I have requested in my guide. No photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed in, from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this puts the text out of focus. 

Keith

0 Likes

meriva1400
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Thank you Keith. I have thought of moving the router but if I did it would cause a worse problem inside the house. Everything works great apart from the camera in the garage. I would like to take up the offer of the guide you talk about to see if the problem with the garage camera can be fixed.  

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Whilst the Eero is supposed to manage Wi-Fi interference, if this is very bad, particularly in the 2.4GHz band, then it cannot do anything about it, no router can. The same goes for any router at that point. Other things that may then need to be investigated are its location within your property and the WiFi bands that you use. It is possible that you may also need to purchase additional Eero nodes as it is supposed to operate as part of a mesh system. I can help with any of this. However, I would suggest that you follow my help to find out what the root cause of the problem is, before throwing money at it.

Keith