cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Digital Voice Adaptor Will Not Register

R1ch4rd
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

I am on a Full Fibre 65 package and recently “upgraded” to FTTP.  TalkTalk sent me a Hub 2 with the phone port (the phone port works fine).  However, the router keeps dropping connection and the signal won’t reach parts of the house.

Consequently, I have bought a Netgear router and wifi extender arrangement which works well (no dropped connections) but doesn’t have a phone port.  I contacted TalkTalk to ask for a Grandstream ATA but they wouldn’t send one out. I have sourced one elsewhere but it keeps showing as unregistered (the power & internet lights are on though but not the phone).

Can anyone please help me get my Grandstream working so that I can make phone calls?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Phone 03451 720088, daytime Monday to Saturday, @R1ch4rd, or use Chat.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

R1ch4rd
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 12

Hi Michelle,

It doesn't appear that my channels are interfering with my neighbours so I'm not sure that turning off wifi optimisation is going to help. I suspect that it is more likely an issue with the Hub 2 itself.  However, before going down the route of a replacement Hub 2, you mentioned that I could speak to your Loyalty Team about the possibility of upgrading to the Fibre 150 and Eero package. I would be interested in exploring this possibility first. How do I get to discuss this with them?

Regards

Richard

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Richard

WIFI optimisation monitors your connection and chooses a wireless channel for you.

Some customers prefer for this to be switched off and to choose their own wireless channels as there have been cases when the channels selected by the optimisation have interfered/clashed with neighbours wireless signals.

Would you like me to switch the WIFI optimisation off?

0 Likes

R1ch4rd
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 12

Hi Michelle,

I don't understand what this optimisation is or how it might help me. Can you please explain and also what would be lost by turning it off?

Thanks

Richard

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Richard,

When connecting the DVA with the eero, you don't have to apply any settings manually as it will just connect so this is why we can't help with the DVA and 3rd party router as we don't have any settings that we can provide to connect the 2 devices together.

We can try the wifi optimsation option with your wifi hub 2 to see if there is an improvement so you can use this router and voice port on this router so the DVA won't be required. Unfortunately only our Loyalty can process upgrade requests so it would be worth live chatting the team directly to see what offers are available to upgrade to a different package which comes with an eero.

Thanks

Michelle

R1ch4rd
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 12

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your reply.

However, it would be logical that setting up the DVA on an Eero is exactly the same process as setting it up on a third party router.

I am currently paying for a service that I cannot receive i.e. I can use the TalkTalk router and have phone but no wifi, or a third party router and have wifi but no phone.

I am sufficiently tech savvy and would be grateful if you could help on the basis that you were trying to get  the DVA to work with an Eero. I can swap out the connection to, what would be, the Eero to the third party router.  I also suspect that the issue here isn't the router anyway but getting the TalkTalk DVA to register.

If this doesn't work, are you able to upgrade me to the package that does have the Eero (at no extra cost) so that you can then help me get the DVA working?

Thanks

Richard

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming. Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to offer any advice on setting up the DVA up with a 3rd party router as we can only advise using the DVA with the eero, however one of our members may be able to offer some advice on this.

Thanks

Michelle

R1ch4rd
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 12

Hi Michelle,

I do not know what that is. However, one of the other issues I had was that the wifi coverage wasn't great and this has been fixed with the Netgear router.  I am assuming that switching off the optimisation would solve my coverage issue. Therefore, I might be solving one problem to create another.

My preference would be to get the Grandstream DVA I have working as I would then have the coverage and the phone line.

Regards

Richard

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi again,

Thanks for confirming. Would you like us to try switching the wifi optimisation off on the wifi hub 2 to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

R1ch4rd
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your reply.

I don't have an issue paying for the DVA if it solves my problem; I just want to be able to make phone calls.

It was the wireless connection that kept dropping out.

Regards

Richard

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. We only provide the eero and digital voice adapter (DVA) with certain packages. Can I just confirm, when the connection was dropping with the Wifi Hub 2, was this wired or wireless connections which were dropping and experiencing slow speeds?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes