cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Digital Voice

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hello, I upgraded to Full Fibre at the beginning of 2023, expecting to have digital voice on the new line and my copper line to cease.  This did not happen and I am apparently on copper leave behind full fibre package.  My contract ends soon and am trying to find out how to have digital voice on renewal, keeping my landline number and ceasing the copper line.  I've tried TalkTalk chat and got nowhere. They say I can't have digital voice.  This is unbelievable when I'm paying almost £40 a month and Its not my fault I was not put on digital voice in 2023 (apparently the tech wasn't fully working at TalkTalk then).  You sent me the router with voice port for my landline phone when I upgraded.  You also emailed me to simply plug my home phone into router to activate digital voice. Please help as I don't want to change provider in October, but I may be forced to do so if TalkTalk can't correct this problem.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/36288/image-id/63250i7A82E72F5A61C4C4/...

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

There was an active line and it was with TalkTalk we were offered full fibre and they said the phone service would move to Digital voice, it didn’t and they ceased our phone number that we have had for years, the only change was that the account would be in my name.

lots of things are evolving, I’m not disputing that, voip has been around for years and with more people working from home it makes sense to keep offer it.

If nobody wanted or used voip, it would not be offered by anyone especially Vodafone who are more wireless based.

With TalkTalk mobile I was just pointing out that bundling mobile and broadband together would be a good idea.

That is one of many reasons why Three wants to merge with Vodafone because they simply can’t offer bundled services.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

@Nick_89, the questions about mobile services are from people whose service was set up on contracts long ago - you'll see if you look closely at the mobile section of the forum that staff now steer customers towards phone / Chat for support.

Mobile services can't be set up for new customers.

It will be too late to add VOIP with Talktalk now - it can only be done at the time of ordering. If the copper line has previously been ceased, the number would no longer be available to use, and they can't seem to add VOIP with a new number.

Lots of this technology is still evolving. 

If you want staff support, @Nick_89, you'll need to open your own topic, and complete your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Nick_89
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hi, Phonely provide Digital voice (Voip line) at £9.97 or vonage at various packages.

I took over the connection at the property and TalkTalk disconnected the landline and told me i could have digital voice because i had an existing TalkTalk phone number and line, anyway on fibre activation day, the line disconnected. I pay £60 per month for 150mb broadband and TV plus Now TV

I had to pay a one off charge of £49.99 for the Phonely phone adapter but onky costs £9.97 for unlimited calls.

Why TalkTalk cannot provide a Digital Voice service for everyone is beyond me.

It makes no difference if the TalkTalk connection is on Openreach or City fibre or Community fibre.

Voip phones run over the internet just like skype,phonely,vonage and your mobile service providers Wifi calling, it runs over the internet to TalkTalk.

Vodafone uses both Openreach and City Fibre but they offer Digital Voice.

The fact it uses City fibre is irrelevent

Here are the excuses I have been told by TalkTalk customer services and CEO team:

1. We only offer it on Openreach connections....which i have...so...

2. We can only provide TalkTalk digital voice to customers who have an existing TalkTalk phone number and line otherwise we cant allocate a number and you won't receive incoming calls

3.  We only offer fibre only services now and these packages do not offer digital voice

I also asked about TalkTalk mobile and they said they stopped doing it a long time ago yet I see many questions from existing customers on the forums also TalkTalk mobile options on the IVR

So which is it TalkTalk???

You should not be called TalkTalk if you dont offer ANY voice services, more like SurfSurf and should WalkWalk when the contract ends.

Tell me, would I get a voice/voip service with TalkTalk Business as the Broadband packages are similar priced for small business.  I can live without TalkTalk TV.

Its a shame because other than the lack of Digital voice, my Broadband is brilliant, there at least one good thing!

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi andyg1966

Because the service is provided over a City Fibre line, its still not possible to add VOIP to the existing service, it is only possible on a brand new order. 

Sorry

0 Likes