cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eeero Connectivity Problem and Noise

firegirl
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

I came home the other day to the most horrendous loud noise coming from the living room. It was extremely high pitched. the noise seemed to come from the Eero, which was very hot. I turned it off at the wall and the noise stopped.

Today, Podpoint tried to install our Ev charger but couldn't get a Wifi signal outside. The charger sits on the outside wall of the living room and the Eero on the other side of the wall, maybe 3 meters down. We live in a new build, about six years old, so the walls are not solid or concrete. I am not sure whether the non-existent signal is connected to the incident described above or whether the Eero signal strength is so poor. I can connect to our printer from the second floor outside and get various wifi signals from neighbours. I tried legacy mode on the Eero, switched 5G and WPA3 off.

Can anyone help? 

Thanks a lot

Anne

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Fabulous! Thanks a lot!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi,

Thank you very much for your kind offer. Fortunately, the car charger is working fine offline and a relative can help me with the Wi-fi after Christmas. As reception is fine in the house and my car is charged I can wait a few days, plus I am getting the replacement node.

Thanks again!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

I've ordered the replacement eero,  it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

If you would like help with all issues relating to WiFi reception I can help a lot with this.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others. If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 6 of 8

Michelle,

If you could do that it would be great. The router is warm atm but it definitely shouldn’t have been as hot as it was. 

Thank you very much

Anne

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Anne,

I'm sorry to hear this. Is the eero still hot? Would you like us to send a replacement eero for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes