cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero 6 selecting incompatible 5ghz channel 155

Duncan12
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 27 of 27

Hi,

Is there a way to stop my Eero 6 (Fibre 150) from automatically switching to channel 155 on the 5Ghz band? Channel 155 is incompatible with a number of devices and prevents the 5Ghz band being seen, resulting in connections dropping to 2.4Ghz.

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Good morning,

I understand and I'm really sorry for the delay with this one. I'll feed this back to the team.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

I have replaced the router with my own device, due to the performance issues I've had with the Eero. I'll use the Eero as a backup router if I ever need it.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

Hi again,

Our team have been unable to apply the fix. They have asked if the eero is currently connected and switched on at the moment?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 27

Hi Duncan,

I'm really sorry for the delay. I've chased this again for an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 27

Amazon are responsible for the firmware & support. Now please don't continue to post on this thread (create one of your own), as it is getting in the way of this customer's problem.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

Morning,

I'm still monitoring for an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

@Modelman1 from what I've read Amazon are reluctant to add manual channel selection as a feature request so the Eero is stuck with sub optimal settings that can't be changed client side ☹️

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

It's an Amazon product with TalkTalk's custom firmware, so unsure who adds or restricts features in the UI. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 27

Hi @Modelman1 

As this is an Amazon product, it is probably best to direct your question at their Eero support team.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

Why can't you have a manual channel selection feature in the app like many other routers have.  Routers often make a dogs dinner of selecting channels while in auto mode. I don't understand why the eero has such limited settings available to the end user.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry for the delay. I'll keep chasing this daily for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Thanks @Michelle-TalkTalk for the update I hope that it will be resolved soon as the WiFi performance from the Eero is very poor with these  channel settings on 802.11ac devices to a point where I'm considering using an alternative router.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Hello,

The Devices Manager has just come back to me to advise that eero are still investigating this and they have asked them to provide a date for resolution. I will post again as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

Hi again,

I've just chased the team for an update on this now.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I spoke to our product/devices manager yesterday and he said that he has escalated this and is just awaiting confirmation that the fix has been applied. I'm hoping it will be completed today but I will post back to confirm.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Are there any updates from the devices team on pushing out the Eero channel fix?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

Hi again,

You may need to reboot once the fix has been applied. The devices manager has advised that he will let me know as soon as this has been completed so I will post back to confirm.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

Thanks @Michelle-TalkTalk. Do I need to reboot the Eero or will the change apply overnight?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've raised this straight to our Devices Team now and have asked if they can apply the fix to resolve this. I will post back to confirm as soon as this is resolved.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Thanks @briantrumpet1 & @KeithFrench, looks like I'm on the same eero os version as you so it must be a remote setting change from TalkTalk. Hopefully someone from TalkTalk will be able to push the change out to me too.