cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Grandstream DVA registered but cant make/receive calls

mudlux
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi, Ive had 150 full fibre installed today. the broadband works fine. ive plugged the grandstream digital voice adapter in , and after an hour and a reset all 3 lights (power, ethernet and phone) are all lit.

I have a good dial tone,  when i dial my mobile (or another landline), the mobile rings, but there is no ringing sound on the landline earpiece. if i answer on the mobile its just silent

likewise, if i try to call my landline number from my mobile, the landline rings but there is no ringing sound on the mobile earpiece  and if i answer its just silence

any ideas? thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi mudlux,

Thanks for the update and please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

yes it seems to work fine with the eero and an 8 port hub...thanks

incidentally my wired phone extention works fine too now despite being told by the fibre sales team that it wouldnt/only one phone could be plugged into the grandstream dva

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the information. I hadn't realised that you were using the DVA with the wifi hub. It's my understanding too that the DVA doesn't work with wifi hub. Hopefully it will work properly with the eero

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

hi, thanks for that, unfortunately no difference yet.

after many difficult hours of "chat" with cust serv and finally the fibre team, i have something else to try.

when the openreach engineer installed everything he just used my TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub not the eero as the eero only has 2 ports , one for the ont, and one for the dva but my TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub has 5 at least which i need for my network/pc/deco wifi mesh etc.

he said it was compatible with the fibre(which it seems to be) and will work the same. 

however fibre team have said TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub is not compatible with the dva which seems odd as the dva is sort of working, just not properly...having tried it a few more times its like this...i have all 3 lights on the dva, a good dial tone, but if i call out i cant hear them, and they cant hear me, if someone calls me they can hear me but i cant hear them. so i can make and receive the calls, its just the voice part that isnt working (ive tried various phones/numbers)

they have advised to try the eero which i will do on monday and let you know how i get on.

ill have to grab a hub so i can also plug the network in...should it be ok?.....ont to eero, eero to hub, dva and network into hub?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

OK thanks. I've made a change, could you just check if it's made any difference

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi Chris, after 4 no shows it was openreach that installed the fibre yesterday. thanks martin

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi mudlux,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Could I just ask, was your service installed by Openreach or City Fibre?

Chris

0 Likes