cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero 6 selecting incompatible 5ghz channel 155

Duncan12
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 27 of 27

Hi,

Is there a way to stop my Eero 6 (Fibre 150) from automatically switching to channel 155 on the 5Ghz band? Channel 155 is incompatible with a number of devices and prevents the 5Ghz band being seen, resulting in connections dropping to 2.4Ghz.

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 21 of 27

@KeithFrench wrote:

No, you won't get an option to allow user-configurable channel selection. The crucial thing to check, is it still on channel 155?

Let me just check with @briantrumpet1 who has had exactly the same problem. Brian, what version are you now on?

Hi both, I'm on v7.0.1-64, and on ch36 now, having been stuck on ch155 until that update (I think), though I'm not sure if it was that update or a push change from Eero.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 27

Hi @Duncan12 

I have no idea if this update was only pushed to the customers we knew about with this problem last week, or whether it is on general release. Brian is one of those customers, and he will advise when he is next online.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 27

Hi Keith

Yes it's still stuck on channel 155 resets and reboots always revert to this channel unfortunately 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 27

No, you won't get an option to allow user-configurable channel selection. The crucial thing to check, is it still on channel 155?

Let me just check with @briantrumpet1 who has had exactly the same problem. Brian, what version are you now on?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 27

I'm on eero software version 7.0.1-64 with the latest version of the app and there isn't a setting to force a lower channel, will a software update be available soon?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 27

This is a known problem, there should be an update available for the Eero to move it to the 36 - 48 range, presumably via the Eero app. If not, let me know.

Keith

0 Likes