cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero Wifi range

mashjam01
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Just got full fibre with an Eero 6 pro but I'm not getting a wifi signal in my office upstairs.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

Hi @Lynny20 

If you want help, you cannot use someone else's thread.

To get help, you must start your own thread. To create your own thread, go to the main page for the board in question & click the "Start a topic" button.

TalkTalk insists on one thread per problem per customer. Please note, TalkTalk makes the rules, not me.

Once you have done that I will be very happy to help you or get TalkTalk on the case, whichever is more appropriate. Please just @mention me into your new thread.

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

That's been 48 hours for me now. The eero app is now working, wasn't before, and the speed & stability I'm getting is great but I'm still not getting enough signal at my office desk for my phone or laptop to connect. Thankfully I currently still have my old line (they had to run a new fibre cable) but when that gets switched off I'll be in trouble. Definitely seems like I & you need an extender. I'll speak to them tomorrow.

0 Likes

Lynny20
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

I am having the exact issue that you’re experiencing I have hardly any or total black spots no signal at all upstairs after the eero pro 6 was fitted Friday 03/11 spoke to talk talk they told me like yourself to give it 24 hours for it to stabilise did this no difference whatsoever rung back yesterday was told to give it another 48 hours this time and ring back on Tuesday they are now telling me my connection is misaligned I challenged this and the lady couldn’t explain what that meant feel like I’m just getting messed about the engineer when installing the full fibre system told me at the time I’d probably require eero extenders which I explained to the lady but she wanted 89.00 per unit obviously this eero pro 6 is not fit for purpose works well but just downstairs after upgrading to full fibre 500 feeling really let down and frustrated by talk talk just require extenders 

L Smith
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

On the Eero app you can see what channel it is on, but you cannot change it. 

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Whilst the Eero is supposed to manage Wi-Fi interference, if this is very bad, particularly in the 2.4GHz band, then it cannot do anything about it, no router can. The same goes for any router at that point.  I would suggest that you follow my help to find out what the root cause of the problem is, before throwing money at it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

mashjam01
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Keith. I know it's on 5GHz but don't see a way to change the channel. I was chatting to an agent today who said to give it 24 hours for the system to stabilise but to me it's a matter of distance and location. The house is L shape  and the router to my office is effectively through two outside walls.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

The problem with a single Eero is that it is supposed to work in a Mesh with at least one other node. However, before trying to prove this, is your Eero using channel 155 in the 5GHz band?

Keith

0 Likes