cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero - only 2 ports and landline does not work

Fred777
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

When I was 'forced' to upgrade to eero I was not told that there were only 2 ports. Now that it's been installed, the internet is fine but I can no longer watch TV apps (Netflix) nor does my landline work. Of course, getting in touch with TalkTalk is almost impossible. Been paying for a service that I do not get. Beware of TalkTalk as they are most unhelpful and you're more likely to find a unicorn wandering about in the garden than getting satisfactory customer service from Talk Talk. Any advice from others to solve the issue would be great - until my contract is expired and I can move to a proper provider.

6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Darthwalsh,

Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi Fred,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, how is your TV connected? What happens when you try to access the apps, do you see a specific error message? 

In regards to the voice service, do you have a digital voice adpater please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Darthwalsh
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

Hi Fred, just had mine installed today except my (black) router wasn’t compatible so I’m being sent an Eeros router in the next 24hrs.

I need more than two ports. Will I need to buy an ethernet switch? If so I’ll then have a shortage of power sockets!

is yours all sorted, if so how?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Hi Fred,

Have you received a Digital Voice Adapter? (DVA)

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Thank you, Keith. I will try out the ethernet switch. As far as I know, yes to the Digital Voice but will have to confirm with TalkTalk if I can get through to them. Many thanks for reaching out. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

As far as the 2 ports are concerned just buy a small gigabit ethernet switch, they are cheap on the usual websites. Did you order Digital Voice at the same time as the full fibre, as that is how landline services are now delivered? 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?