cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

External IP address eero 6

TC134
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

Spent days doing all the tedious troubleshooting with no solution, had a talk talk engineer come out yesterday morning who tried 3 seperate eeros and a talk talk hub all not connecting, but he didnt have a clue what the fault was either, contacted live chat who wanted me to do the same old steps that didnt work before even though the talk talk hub 2 didnt work still blame the eero. I have 3 lights on the ONT, reset the routers, left them off for 30 minutes, hard reset, tried different cables. Also had a problem when we first got set up and it took weeks to "go live" then last week, it just switched off at 4.15pm one day last week  during the school holidays and left us offline since. Not great as everything is streaming services, so no tele, The engineer even said he thought it was something to do with some setting on the fibre profile on talk talks end but even when I said to the live chat agent, it was just completely ignored as the line was testing fine.... I tried bypassing the eero and plugging my ps5 into a brand new network cable and it still wouldnt connect. Im tearing my hair out, we have only had just over a month! 

Just never seem to have any luck!
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Morning,

I believe that our Faults Team have made contact, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18
0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Thank Chris. Really appreciate your help

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Thanks. I'll pass this over to our Future Fibre team and ask them to take a look. We'll let you know when we receive an update or they may contact you directly

Chris

0 Likes

TC134
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 18

Hi Chris 

Yes of course

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Thanks. It's really strange, it's showing everything OK at our end and IP address issued. Could you post a photo of the ONT if possible

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

TC134
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 18

Ive added the screenshot

0 Likes

TC134
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 18

Hi Chris 

Unplugged the ONT and no joy, tried the other eero as well still comes up with the ip address error also tried plugging ethernet into the ps5 and it still says it couldn't get IP address, its timing out

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18
0 Likes

TC134
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 18

Hi Chris

Ive tried this a few times, will try it  once im back home and update. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

It's actually showing on our system that an IP address has been issued. Not sure if you've tried this but could you switch the ONT off and leave it off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

TC134
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 18

Hi Keith

No I absolutely understand, Im sure theres lots more people not having having any issues. Im hopeful that it will get fixed 🙏 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 18

This forum is not a good place to judge how reliable an installation service or ongoing issues are. That is because you only hear of failures, not the far greater number of people who have had no issues at all. They never post on here, only the people with problems do. Hopefully, @Chris-TalkTalk will get this sorted for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

TC134
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 18

Hi Chris

Ive tried a few seperate devices bypassing the eero and still wont connect, says failed to get IP address, I have 3 solid green lights on the ONT

Many Thanks for trying to help, its driving me bonkers (well mostly the kids moaning they cant download games lol)

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi TC134,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Line test is clear and internet connection appears to be active.

Do you have an internet connection if you connect a device directly to the ONT with an Ethernet cable (bypassing the eero and wifi hub)?

Chris

0 Likes

TC134
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 18

Thank you Keithfrench

After searching through the forums its seems quite a common problem, which is a bit worrying considering im now stuck in a contract for another 17 months

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

It must be a network issue. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes