cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fault on Line and Cannot Log into My Account

michaelb989
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi,

Posting this not logged in because I cannot log into my account.

I have two issues:

1. I have not had any internet connection since yesterday (28/03). I managed to run a test via the TalkTalk website and it reported that there is a fault on my line. I spent over 2 hours on the phone to customer service (full fibre team) who gave me all sorts of reasons including that my Full Fibre 150 package could only handle 5 devices at once and that an upcoming payment might be the issue. Ultimately the concluded there was a fault on my line, the original issue I raised, and that City Fibre would need to schedule an engineer. My issue is that I have not had any contact from City Fibre nor any update of my issue from TalkTalk. Please can anyone assist me with this? For reference my ONT box is securely connected and powered on but only showing green lights for Power and Ethernet (the broadband and service lights are not on), my Eero 6 router is powered on and connected securely but showing a red light.

2. Secondly I now can no longer log into My Account, with it constantly reloading and refreshing over and over. I have tried multiple browsers and devices as well as clearing my cookies and cache. Please can I have some advice on this?

As a side note the Webchat function is also very unstable. Notably when asked to attached a photo of something like the ONT box it crashes and disconnects me when I select to take a photo to attach. Unless I have a photo prepared to attach it means I have to go through the whole process again with a new agent.

Lastly I have only had Talk Talk since the 09/03. To have this many issues on this scale is entirely unacceptable and extremely frustrating. This is not the service I expect of such a company and I am very much considering leaving.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi

I have spoken to a case manager who explained that it is a City Fibre issue and an isolated fault on my line.

However I’ve been told that I just need to sit and wait for City Fibre to reach out as I cannot contact them myself.

Yet, a ticket was raised to City Fibre on the 28/03 and I’ve heard absolutely nothing from them. Please can this issue be escalated and chased with City Fibre as a matter of urgency? As I’ve not had internet for nearly an entire week now. And I am just being left in the dark and waiting.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Morning,

I'm really sorry. I've contacted the team now and have asked for an update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi,

I still have not had any update regarding this issue, I now have not had internet for 5 days. This is not the service I expected at all.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Morning,

No problem. I will also post back here if they come back to me first with an update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for passing this on. I will look out for them to contact me.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've passed this over to our Faults Team and have asked them to take a look. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi Chris,

I did as you suggested. However this still has not helped. Please could you advise?

I now have not had internet for nearly 3 days. Nor have I heard from City Fibre regarding an engineer appointment.

Thanks

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Hi michaelb989,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your service. Can you please switch the ONT off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Hi Gliwmaeden2

Thanks for reaching out. I have added the information as you’ve suggested and I appreciate you flagging the issue to the staff. I will wait for their response.

I will also make a new thread regarding the My Account issue.

Thanks again

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

@michaelb989, add your Talktalk landline number / account number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account  

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information; SAVE   CHANGES. 

To report the issue with My Account, please post a separate topic in the Billing section of the forum. 

I'll make sure that this first thread is in the queue for attention from staff. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes