cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre 150 dropping connection

krisztinaf
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hello,

I recently changed to fibre 150. Internet connection dropps approx 5-6 times per day (sometimes more). I have an eero 6 router. I already tried to:

-unplug power cable from router

-disconnect then reconnect LAN cable

-restart router via the eero app

-hard reset the router

It is so annoying that before this full fibre I had more stable connection with the TalkTalk WiFi hub.

Another strange thing is (started a couple of days ago) when the internet is back, only my laptop and the mobiles connecting back, nothing else. I have some cameras, smart bulbs, smart switches, they will not connect again automatically. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to reconnect but now (01/12 midnight) nothing.

Anybody any idea, please?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Good afternoon,

I'm glad to hear this and please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hello Michelle,

It seems the issue has been fixed.

There could be 2 solutions for it:

-I had a wifi-extender in my daughter's room, what I removed (as I just realised eero 6 do not supply WPS).

-Another thing which may cause the issue is the baby monitor. I placed it ownfar away from the router (BTW is was placed under the router before but may cause some signal interfaces).

I'm happy now, I can confirm I did not faced with the same issue in the last couple of days.

Thank you for all of your time.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

I'm working today, I have to be online but I'll try it tomorrow morning. I did not checked yet the outside box. Seems the time has come for that 🙂

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

I would turn the ONT & Eero off for a minimum of 30 mins. Then turn the ONT back on, followed by the Eero.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

krisztinaf
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hello @KeithFrench 

Thanks for your reply. Since my post I was able to catch it now and make 2 screenshots. Seems the router goes offline, as soon as it came back to online, now all the previously connected devices went online immediately.

received_2510742305747011.jpegreceived_1092757805425938.jpeg

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi @krisztinaf 

When you say that the internet connection drops, is this the fibre connection to the Eero, or is that OK and devices connected via wireless are disconnecting from the Eero?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes