cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre 900

Smallprint167
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Why aren't I able to upgrade to the fibre 900 package ?

I have been trying for months now since my contract with talktalk ran out to upgrade my package from the faster internet 150 G.Fast  package to the full fibre 900 package but keep being told that i'm not able to upgrade. I spoke to someone at talktalk about this and was told that their were external works that needed to be done before I could get the package. Yesterday I had a BT Openreach engineer visit my property to do some fault finding on a fault that was reported by talktalk on the account dashboard so while he was here I asked him the question why talktalk was saying they couldn't upgrade my package to the full fibre 900 and he did some checks and told me and showed that 1gb full fibre is available to my property and that all talktalk needed to do it was already in place on the mast on the opposite side of the road not 50m away ! So why can't talktalk upgrade my package ? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I've been a loyal customer of talktalk for years now and that loyalty is wearing a bit thin when other providers are offering 1gb service.

Screenshot 2024-01-31 152224.png
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Im really sorry that would seem to be the only option.   You are out of contract so there are no termination fees. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Well if i've got to fully cancel my account just to get an upgrade then I might aswell cancel it and go with another provider then

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Smallprint167

Its not possible to upgrade from G.Fast to full fibre the only way to get Full fibre at your address is to fully cancel the G.Fast service and place a brand new order. 

Sorry.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Looks like talktalk are going to be losing my business then ?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Yes

Screenshot 2024-01-31 162432.png
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Smallprint167,

Does it show full fibre is available here - Fibre Checker (openreach.com)

Chris

0 Likes