cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre Connection Box has solid red light

rijedo
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

Since this morning we have been without broadband. I've looked at articles and none refer to the ONT box that we have. The "status" light flashes green slowly and the "alarm" light is solid red. Our ONT box is connected to an eero router. I've switched the box of for over half hour and no change. Can anybody help? Thanks

20240310_042112.jpg

20240310_042123.jpg

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear that the fault has been resolved and thanks for letting me know 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi Michelle, freedom fibre came today and were very helpful, they changed some cabling etc and we're back up and running. Thank you for your help in getting this sorted so quickly 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hello again,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Morning,

The team have advised that an engineer has been arranged so we'll check back in with you to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Good afternoon,

Great thanks for confirming. They confirmed that they had escalated the fault and we should hopefully receive an update soon.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi Michelle, they have thanks, just waiting for them to call me again. Just to let you know I went outside to look at the cable coming into the house and a plastic cover says "freedom fibre"

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hello,

I believe that the team have now made contact.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi again,

The team has confirmed that they will pick this up and will be contacting you shortly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Thank you, I'll keep a lookout for your update 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hello,

I've passed this over to our Faults Escalation Team now and I will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

To tell you the truth we didn't look at the side of the van. Talktalk were in our area and asked if we wanted to upgrade to full fibre and an engineer came and installed the fibre optic cable and the rest of the equipment. I hazard a guess that talktalk who I presume commissioned the work would have some idea who completed the work 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi again,

Sorry for the confusion, was this definitely Openreach and not Freedom Fibre?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi Michelle

Thanks for getting back to me. It was openreach. 

The "status" light flashes green slowly and the "alarm" light is solid red. The only other light that is green is the "GE1" light. I've switched the box off for over an hour and have reset with no change. Can you help please? Can you send out an engineer to look at it. My account number is in my profile or I can send it you now.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Can I just confirm, was your connection installed by CityFibre or Openreach?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

rijedo
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 17

Hi thank you for your reply and for the article. I read it yesterday and followed instructions re: checking cables etc but no joy. I've updated my profile with account details, so thanks for that.if there's anything else you could suggest I'd appreciate it. Thanks again 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Did you check this article?

https://help.talktalk.co.uk/ONTlights

They suggest check your cables, @rijedo.

Staff won't be back before Monday. 

Ensure that you have completed your community forum profile details, with your account number in the telephone number/ account number box in Personal Information. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu.....SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes