cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre Speed dropped from 500 to under 100

Pritesh2
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Ive had Talk Talk Fiber 500 about 12 months now, speed service was fine uptil july 2024, since its taken a massive nose dive from 500+ MBPS to 80-90MBPS. I on the same router as i started with, nothing has changed switching wifi for less interference. Tested my connection on Wifi, and wired connect all show my Fiber speed has dropped from 500+ to below 100. Not sure why im paying for Fiber 500 if the best Talktalk are providing is a below Fiber 100 service. I have rebooted my Router and ONT box, still got the same slow speeds. I work from home and expect a level of service from my provider. I work in IT so i dont want to hear i need to switc settings on my wifi, or changing the cables as nothing has moved or changed from when i installed everything.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Good morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for confirming. You shouldn't need to do this too often. If the speed does drop again then please let us know and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Michelle,

So After my meeting, i did as you said waited 35 minutes, and then powered up the ONT Box, and hey presto i have my original service speed, first test was hickupy with 100, then 200, then 400, second test was 400-505.

So is there any maintenance i should do like a power down regularly or just when i find a slow down power down ONT for 30 minutes and bring it back up?

Do you need to carry out any tests!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Pritesh2

Thanks for your reply. Please let us know how you get on.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi michelle,

So i have been using the same cabling since the install, i got new cables in for the setup, and have not cabled any thing for the last 12 months as i was getting the full 500Mbps or more. All cabling is CAT 6 and above. I have a couple of meetings for the next 90 minutes, but once i have completed these calls do a power cycle on the ONT box and reply here with the results.

Message 5 of 8

Hello,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line which is clear, however the test has identified that the speed is lower at the ONT. Could you try powering down the ONT for a full 30 minutes please. It's also asked us to check if you are using the correct cabling? Has the set up changed at all since the drop in speed please?

Thanks

Michelle

Pritesh2
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Updated Profile, and have a Case ref, that talktalk cant figure out my issue, REP-14714840

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Good afternoon,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number or Account number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes