cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre150 Wired Connection

Steveowen1000
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Good Morning all 

Since upgrading to FIBRE150 last week , I requested a HUB2 router instead of the Eero purely on the basis that I needed a wired Ethernet connection as well used through a powerline adapter. 

I've fitted the HUB2 this morning and checked speeds, WIFI seems a little erratic at the moment bouncing around 50mbps/100mbps but hoping that will settle, the Ethernet connection speed however is downloading slow but at a steady 25/26 mbps, uploading at a steady 30 mbps, any idea why the wired connection is so slow compared to the WIFI. 

Many thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Steve,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Thanks Keith,

I had no idea that would work, I will give it a try.

many thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

HI @Steveowen1000 

The laptop when connected directly to the ONT would be given an IP address from the network and have access to the internet if the fibre is OK. It would be the only device that has access during this testing.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hiya Keith and Michelle

Thanks Keith, no I didn't misread the post, Just not sure I understood, I'm not at home at the moment so cannot test, If I attach the ethernet device to the one port on the ONT box how am I accessing the internet with the router removed. might be a daft question but not the most tech savvy. 

Many thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

Hi Steve,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

I think you misread my post, I said:-

directly to the ONT in place of the Hub 2

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi Keith,

Thanks again for offering support.

I’m not sure how I would do that, the ONT Box on the wall only has 1 Ethernet port which the HUB2 is connected to.  I then have a cable from one of the router Ethernet ports which connects to the power line adapter.

many thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

If you connect the Ethernet device directly to the ONT in place of the Hub 2, what speed test results do you get there?

Keith

0 Likes