cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre 500 Eero wifi channel selection for Reolink Cameras?

Craighew
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

OK, FF500 installed this morning replacing our FTTC Faster Fibre package that has ran for several years.

Eero 6 Pro Gateway (and 3 satellite Eero 6 Pros) set up easily and most devices (wired and wifi) are now connected.

My Problem:  I run several wifi IP cameras (Reolink E1Pro) and manage them through Blue Iris software on my Windows PC.

The cameras WILL NOT under any circumstances connect to wifi (either 2.4 of 5 MHz). Having faffed about for several hours with this I have run temporary cat 7 ethernet to a couple of accessible cameras and they installed and configured immediately.

Reolink E1Pro cameras use the following wifi channels (2.4GHz: 1-13) and (5GHz:36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165)

My Eero 6 Pros however broadcast on (2.4GHz: 1) (5GHz low: 42) (5GHz High: 155)

NO IDEA why it cannot connect through channel 1 on 2.4 GHz but clearly I need to change channels on the 5GHz channels to correspond to my camera output.

I cannot for the life of me find anywhere in the Eero configuration menus to change wifi channels

Am I missing something here?

Is this something that could be done remotely?

Any suggestions gratefully recieved 

Craig

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

Glad to hear you have found a solution.

I'm sure it will help others, when trying to rectify a similar setup.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Craighew
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Powerline adapters solved my issue. My 3 security cameras are now effectively "wired" and not reliant on wifi.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Craig,

No problem. Thanks for trying this and I will feed this back. I was advised that you can't manually set/adjust the channels. Please let us know how you get on connecting wired with the powerline adapter.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Craighew
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Michelle,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Firmware is version 6.16.2-88  

The steering (on/off) doesn't seem to resolve my issue, I suspect it's more to do with the actual wifi channel selection. Eero is set at channel 42 my cameras need 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 149, 153, 157, 161 or 165.

I'm investigating running my cameras wired rather than through wifi.  I've sorted all but 1 camera, just awaiting a Powerline adapter to see if that will resolve things.

Will wifi channel selection become available with a new firmware/app release?

It seems a rather basic setting to be denied access to especially if users have competing wifi from neighbours etc?

Craig

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Craig,

Thanks for trying this and confirming. I don't have the eero myself so I'm just chatting with my colleague who does. Could you confirm what version of firmware is on your eeros please? They have also asked if you could try disabling client steering within the eero app (if this is enabled) to see if this works.

Thanks

Michelle

Craighew
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hello Michelle.

Yes I worked through the Eero app's built in troubleshooter.  It mentions wifi a little but doesn't inform the user how to select/change wifi channels hence my 2 questions above.

My previous wifi with the DG8041W router was set by me to use channels 7 and 40 for 2.4GHz and 5GHz respectively.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Morning,

Thanks for your post. Have you tried using your eero app's inbuilt troubleshooting section? You'll find this in settings within your eero app.

Thanks

0 Likes