cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre Not connected

NM213
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I had a Full Fibre installation today. The Openreach installer took out the old Master Switch and setup the ONT box, this was then connected to the box outside that was installed last week.

The engineer said he had called through the setup and his equipment showed everything is ok. 

I get three green lights on my ONT box (LOS is blank), but the Eero box and my old Huwaei box will not connect to the internet. 

I connected TalkTalk chat and they told me to wait until 6pm to see if it came on, it didn’t, and when I contacted back at 6:20c, I was on hold and then the support chat shut… 

How can I get my internet working? Given it is Sunday tomorrow and New Year’s Day on Monday, I don’t want to be without internet until Tuesday. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

That's great news, thanks for letting me know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Yes thanks, was told it would be 7 days this morning, but about an hour ago it came on. So relieved, I was running  out of phone data and need the internet for work.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi NM213,

Could I just ask, have you heard anything further since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

NM213
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

I have now been told I have to wait up to 48 working hours for Openreach to process the connection. This is atrocious.

I was contacted via phone or text at least once a day in the week leading up to the installation to make sure I was in. On some days I was called and sent a text. To then be told I have to wait until potentially Thursday to have a connection is appalling. Surely, if OpenReach were that bothered about making sure I was in, they could hold their end of the work up.

I now have no internet as my other connection and Master Switch was removed. 

I am dismayed and disgusted that this work was carried out on a Saturday, with the knowledge there is a potential for a 48 hour delay and we are in a Bank Holiday weekend.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Thanks, but definitely said it was shut and to contact back tomorrow.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Chat should have been open till 9pm, @NM213.

But only till 6pm the next couple of days. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Phone support and forum staff are not back before Tuesday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes