cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre speed dropped after one day.

twarde
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Had full fibre unexpectedly installed a couple of days ago. The install date given was 14th June but the openreach engineer turned up without prior warning. On install I was getting 520 Mbit download speed but since then the eero app shows 94 Mbit download and 71 upload.  

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hello,

I'm glad to hear that 🙂 No problem 🙂

Thanks

twarde
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 12

Yes, I can make outgoing calls successfully.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 12

Hi,

I'm glad to hear this, and also make calls ok? The copper voice service is being gradually phased out so if everything works with the DVA at the eero then no phone is required at the copper socket.

Thanks

twarde
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 12

It is working for incoming and dial tone on both the DVA and the copper line. So I assume the copper line will go dead at some point in the future?

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi,

What happens if you connect the DVA to the eero now?

Thanks

0 Likes

twarde
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 12

Yes, the digital voice was in the original order and I got the voice adapter delivered with the router. Maybe it will change on my planned install date of 14th June? All I want is a message when its done so I can plug my phone into the adapter.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that the speed has improved. The app may just a little while to update to reflect this. If it doesn't change over the next 24hrs then please let us know. Did you sign up for a digital voice service with your package or wasn't this available at the time?

Thanks

0 Likes

twarde
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 12

Thank you. It is now back up to full speed after testing it on the ONT and then reconnecting the router. The eero app still shows 94/71. Does that speed setting not update in real time? I have closed the app and restarted my phone. Also, do you know when my phone will be switched over to the digital voice? it's still working on the copper line.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi,

Thanks for trying this. Would it be possible to remove the eero and run a wired speed test directly at the ONT so we can see how the speeds compare please?

Thanks

0 Likes

twarde
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

I've just tried the power down of the ONT and eero and there is no change to the speed. The app is still showing 94/71.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you tried powering down the ONT and the eero and then tried retesting the speeds again?

Thanks