cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre

alchemist
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Village just upgraded to full fibre and had email from TT to offer upgrade.

My concern is the router being offered as we live in 1800 cottage with very thick solid internal walls so have had to use powerline sockets, both for wired ethernet and wifi extension. Everything runs at around 55-60, so not bad.

The wifi for existing TT router makes it to the next room only and the bedroom above!!

So, question is whether there are alternatives to the eero... as I just donlt think it would work for us.

I also have three of the 4 ethernet ports in use on the current router (powerline, hive and hue) and a shortage of power sockets. the lack of sockets and no DECT on the eero adds to the issues... the TT 'solution' to landline (which we do use) is going to be far from ideal.

Any thoughts? Do not really want to move to Sky, who do offer a more traditional VDLS router.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

If it's the Huawei wifi hub then it should work fine with FTTP

Chris

0 Likes

alchemist
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Huawei... had for some time now and not looked to upgrade as working fine.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

OK thanks. Which router do you have at the moment?

Chris

0 Likes

alchemist
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

It is Openreach, City Fibre are in parts of Norwich.

We would have preferred to look at 500 rather than 150,,, but it is lack of connectivity on the eero together with mesh wifi not being realistic in our house because of the wall thickness.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi alchemist,

The router that you are sent depends on the package, you would receive a Sagemcom router with the slowest package. Do you know if the network provider is Openreach or City Fibre?

Chris

0 Likes