cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Please Check My Phone Line?

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 56 of 56

Is there any chance someone in support could check my line at the moment. It seems to be dropping out and massive packet data loss!

Nothing has changed and it's been stable for weeks if  not months.

Something isn't right?

There seems to be massive crackling on the line today and I've just run a connection test on the TT website and it says there is a problem -help!

TIA Steve

0 Likes
55 REPLIES 55

Message 2 of 56

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 56
0 Likes

Message 4 of 56

Hi CaptainNemo

I will check the engineer report. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 5 of 56

Ok, will do 👍

Message 6 of 56

@CaptainNemo, as it's a billing query, just post about this specific issue in the billing section of the forum  

If the charges don't stand, they'll sort this out for you.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 56

The last thing the engineer said to me is that there would NOT be a charge as the BT cable connection to the house was perished. This was outside the house and nothing to do with anything inside the property or any devices attached. He was a really nice guy and assured me there would NOT be a charge as I asked him specifically about this.

Steve

0 Likes

Message 8 of 56

Their wording is somewhat nuanced, @CaptainNemo, as below:

We'll charge you if the Openreach engineer was unable to find a fault with your service or the fault was found to be related to a condition in your property or garden. Any faults related to your main phone socket may also incur a charge, as will issues caused by any personal devices connected to your line. You won’t be charged for faults caused by Openreach equipment.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 56

Hmm, I’ve just received a bill from TalkTalk for £115.91 for the engineer who called, despite the fact that he found the fault outside my property… 

How could this have happened?
Surely this is an error as I have always been told (and agreed with yourselves) that I would only be charged if there was a fault “inside” my property - and this was most definitely outside?

Steve

0 Likes

Message 10 of 56
0 Likes

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 56

Thanks Chris 👍

0 Likes

Message 12 of 56

Hi Steve

Yes I can confirm that DLM has been changing your profile in the early hours of the morning over the last few days

Chris

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 56

Hi again Michelle/Debbie, just checking that all the disconnections and reconnections I've had in the last couple of days (in the middle of the night) are part of the settling down period - the DLM?

What do you think?

Steve

0 Likes

Message 14 of 56

Thanks for your kind words Steve and please let us know if anything does change.

Michelle 🙂

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 56

Wonderful - thanks again - you guys in support are how support teams should be!!

Steve 

Message 16 of 56

Morning Steve,

Thanks for the update. The line test is clear, the sync speed looks stable and I can also see the one re-connection on the line. There are also no errored seconds showing here. If it's not affecting the overall performance of your connection then I wouldn't worry too much about these errors.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 56

Hi Michelle,

Here's the latest results from the router just now. It did reconnect on it's own about 1am in the early hours of Wednesday morning but maybe that's the readjustment period due to the DLM.

Also I'm not 100% how much packet errors are an issue or line attenuation figures - maybe they're fine - I don't know?

Steve

Speed and connection resultsSpeed and connection results

0 Likes

Message 18 of 56

Morning Steve,

How has your connection been over the last 48hrs?

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 19 of 56

No problem Steve, I'll check back in with you on Wednesday.

Michelle 🙂

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 56

Will do - thanks again Michelle.

Steve

0 Likes