cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Please Check My Phone Line?

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 47

Is there any chance someone in support could check my line at the moment. It seems to be dropping out and massive packet data loss!

Nothing has changed and it's been stable for weeks if  not months.

Something isn't right?

There seems to be massive crackling on the line today and I've just run a connection test on the TT website and it says there is a problem -help!

TIA Steve

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46

Message 1 of 47
0 Likes

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 47

Thanks Chris 👍

0 Likes

Message 3 of 47

Hi Steve

Yes I can confirm that DLM has been changing your profile in the early hours of the morning over the last few days

Chris

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 47

Hi again Michelle/Debbie, just checking that all the disconnections and reconnections I've had in the last couple of days (in the middle of the night) are part of the settling down period - the DLM?

What do you think?

Steve

0 Likes

Message 5 of 47

Thanks for your kind words Steve and please let us know if anything does change.

Michelle 🙂

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 47

Wonderful - thanks again - you guys in support are how support teams should be!!

Steve 

Message 7 of 47

Morning Steve,

Thanks for the update. The line test is clear, the sync speed looks stable and I can also see the one re-connection on the line. There are also no errored seconds showing here. If it's not affecting the overall performance of your connection then I wouldn't worry too much about these errors.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 47

Hi Michelle,

Here's the latest results from the router just now. It did reconnect on it's own about 1am in the early hours of Wednesday morning but maybe that's the readjustment period due to the DLM.

Also I'm not 100% how much packet errors are an issue or line attenuation figures - maybe they're fine - I don't know?

Steve

Speed and connection resultsSpeed and connection results

0 Likes

Message 9 of 47

Morning Steve,

How has your connection been over the last 48hrs?

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 10 of 47

No problem Steve, I'll check back in with you on Wednesday.

Michelle 🙂

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 47

Will do - thanks again Michelle.

Steve

0 Likes

Message 12 of 47

Hi Steve,

Ok thank you. Would it be ok to monitor this for a few days to see how the overall performance of the connection compares?

Michelle

0 Likes

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 47

Just switched back on. Very similar results.

Steve

Router 28/5/24Router 28/5/24

0 Likes

Message 14 of 47

Great, thank you. Keep us updated 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 47

OK, will do that now.

Steve

0 Likes

Message 16 of 47

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update. Have you tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes since the fault has been resolved as this can clear the current session and can often improve the throughput performance.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 47

Hi Michelle,

it seems pretty stable from when he left 👍

The connection speed (for my location) seems good and the SNR seems OK at around 6 but I’m not exactly sure what line attenuation means.

I guess packet loss will always be there and from this screenshot it’s seems to be not too bad at all.

Thanks so much for the support teams help in this - really appreciated!

Steve

Router screenshotRouter screenshot

0 Likes

Message 18 of 47

Morning Steve,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear this 🙂 I've re-run the line test now and it's clear. How has your connection been over the weekend?

Michelle

0 Likes

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 47

Hi Michelle/Debbie, the BT Openreach engineer came around lunchtime and I explained the situation and we left him alone to do all his tests. He agreed there was an issue and eventually found there was a fault with the wiring to the small BT junction box next to the porch outside the house. He said when he opened the junction box and touched the wiring the contacts fell apart and so he repaired it. At least the fault was outside the property and so shouldn't be chargeable!

He said that at the moment everything now seems clear and to leave the Broadband connection for a week or two as the DLM has reset itself so it needs time to recalibrate.

Just out of interest I don't suppose you could test the line again to show there are no issues right now so we know where we are?

Obviously if it's clear I'll let you know it there's any further problems.

Many thanks for all your help - fingers crossed.

Steve 

0 Likes

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 47

…or even Debbie 😁