cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Please Check My Phone Line?

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 56 of 56

Is there any chance someone in support could check my line at the moment. It seems to be dropping out and massive packet data loss!

Nothing has changed and it's been stable for weeks if  not months.

Something isn't right?

There seems to be massive crackling on the line today and I've just run a connection test on the TT website and it says there is a problem -help!

TIA Steve

0 Likes
55 REPLIES 55

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 56

The faceplate is completely off.

0 Likes

Message 42 of 56

Thank you. I've just re-run it again and it's showing the loop fault again. Is the faceplate also lifted away slightly to reveal the test socket?

Michelle

0 Likes

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 56

Still nothing 👍

0 Likes

Message 44 of 56

Ah ok thanks for confirming. I'll run one more test now. What is currently connected at the moment please?

Michelle

0 Likes

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 45 of 56

No, it was the same both tests without anything at all. 
BTW There is only one test socket and I haven’t got a separate filter as the Master socket front has the separate broadband socket.

Does that mean I need a new Master Socket?

Steve

0 Likes

Message 46 of 56

Hi Steve,

Apologies for the confusion, I though the previous test was with just the phone and router connected to the test socket?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 56

Hmm, that’s great but the test you did just before the last one still showed a fault even though I had nothing connected?

Steve

0 Likes

Message 48 of 56

Hi CaptainNemo

The line tests are now  clear - no faults detected.

Is the noise still present if you connect just the phone and filter at the test socket?

0 Likes

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 56

Yes, go ahead. There has been a LOT of crackling on the phone line over the past while?

Steve

0 Likes

Message 50 of 56

Thank you. It's still showing the same possible fault. Could we do one more test with all equipment removed from the line for 10 minutes?

Michelle

0 Likes

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 51 of 56

Okay, I’ve taken the front plate off so there is nothing connected no phone no broadband so fire away to see if there’s any issue now!

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 52 of 56

OK, give me 10 minutes.

0 Likes

Message 53 of 56

Hi Steve,

Would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone (if you use one) at the test socket so we can re-run the line test again please?

Michelle

0 Likes

CaptainNemo
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 54 of 56

Hi Michelle, thanks for getting back to me. My BT Master socket 5C does have a test socket. What would you like me to do?

Steve

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 55 of 56

Morning Steve,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which is detecting a loop fault which can sometimes be caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes