cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full fibre 65

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 75 of 75

Hi we have upgraded to full fibre 65 with voip from fibre 65. We go live on 06th September 23, not received new router yet.

Please help CEO.

Thank you

Not an expert at much just like to learn about as many things as I can
0 Likes
74 REPLIES 74

Message 1 of 75

Good morning,

Thank you for confirming and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 75

Hi Thank you Michelle,

The matter is being dealt with, we are having another BT engineer out to move the ONT. And remove the cables left by the previous engineer. Speeds are not good. Hopefully it will be sorted soon .

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 75

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Are you still in contact with the CEO team?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 75

Hi we were told on Saturday that there was a conflict with the copper they sorted that but there has been no change so far. The BT engineer out the FF box in a cupboard so we had to extension to bring router out. It is awful thought we could have it fitted were we chose. Not very happy.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 75

Hi @silverbird63 

Just let me know if you want my help to get your WiFi at its best.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 75

Good morning. We are still having problems the speed jeeps dropping currently 31mbps upload 14. Unstable.

Sorry we ever took up TT offer of free upgrade. Which it turned out not to be so .

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 7 of 75

Morning,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 75

Thank you so much you are a real whizz on tech problems. We rang up TT who told us the copper wire was conflicting with FFF, they have now correcting this and asked us to wait 48hrs i.e. Monday to let things settle. So Monday we are having a call from CEO at TT.

So we will wait and see, here's hoping👍

Thanks again have a lovely weekend.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 75

Hi @silverbird63 

Having read through this a bit now, I would ask you to try & run a wired speed test on the cable connecting to the WAN port of the router, that way you shouldn't need to access the ONT directly, as I can appreciate the access problems of it being in a cupboard. This would at least prove if the problem is with the fibre itself (it shouldn't be, they are supposed to check this on the installation).

It might be worthwhile just checking out the state of your Wi-Fi in your property, to at least get that as good as it can be. It could easily be caused by WiFi interference. This is an area where I can help a lot & it is totally free of charge. I would just need to send you a guide, so that you can get me some diagnostic information, which I will analyse for you & suggest ways that you can optimise the Wi-Fi reception, based on the information you supply to me.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 75

Thanks wireless. We have the status showing still poor and looking into it. I think it's being looked into in the next 48 hrs. As this whole thing has stemmed from a complaint. We are getting a call in Monday from the complaints manager to check how things are. We can tell her what's going on. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 75

OK, are these speeds wired, wireless or both?

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 75

Thanks. The speeds we are getting are only 42  and 19 upload . The status is still poor we now have a solid white light.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 75

There may be a bit of settling in time, from memory of my own installation the ONT calls home a few times in the early hours and days for updates and checks. If all seems OK with that, try the 30 minute switch off on the router. Other than that, you will need to reach out to the Full Fibre team via the usual methods if you want further help before Monday.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 75

Thanks the lan is flickering then solid as is the router. We are OAPs and the ONT is in a cupboard which we have to crawl into. So what do you suggest for now . The home has been upside down since September waiting for this after many TT problems.

Thanks

Thank

0 Likes

Message 15 of 75

Oh dear, sorry to hear this. What are the lights on the ONT indicating? Are you able to test speeds with a wired device directly connected at the ONT? Also, try switching off both router and ONT for 30 minutes and then restart, ONT first. It's a bit late in the day for a Friday I'm afraid, it may not be until Monday at the the earliest that this gets picked up by the support team. 

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 75

Hi Chris

Update finally full Fiber today. It is not great we cannot get the speeds promised and the light is flickering orange to white. Speed test says status is poor.

Can you help.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 75

Will do. Have a good day 

Chris

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 75

Thank you Chris

You have been supportive and kept in touch.

Please check in again and I will give you an update.

Thanks have a good day.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 75

I'm really sorry this is taking so long to resolve, I know it must be very frustrating. Hopefully the Complaint Manager will be able to answer any questions that you have when they call later and I can confirm that the installation appointment is booked for the 3rd November

Chris

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 75

Thank you

Hubby got a message saying it would be 12 or 2 and that just tip him over the edge. So we finally had to call them finally get a text conversation to verify that it was 16:00, so another slip up. The agent we spoke to for 3hrs on chat said the info was that we were not ready? Even after a text on Friday saying Mark was working on the network and he would be at our property that day. Then nothing happened we have now after 3 failed attempts to give us a date for 03 November it's been on going since August when all we were questioning was our bill for the new contract we had just taken out. Horrendous all going on while my husband father was dying in hospital. Then we had the funeral to face as well. Just one thing after another with TT, we should get it free for the tear or at least a better service.

Thanks Chris, sorry you have to take the slack for others incompetence.

0 Likes