cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Grandstream - calls suddenly cutting off

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

I have had an Eero with Grandstream VOIP for over 12 months and have had minimum disruption.

I have not changed any equipment but today calls will ring out and then cut out after about 10 seconds.  

I have turned off Eero and Grandstream 4 times  with no success.

Eero said there was an update due so I did that and turned everything off again twice but to no avail,

I have tried to contact talk talk via my account but just have message saying all agents are busy.

Has anyone else had similar problems and had a solution?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi Gleha

Thanks for your reply.

Apologies, our service status page has now been updated to show how to do the reset.

Service Status | TalkTalk Help & Support   Under phone.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

2 days without phone has been a nightmare.  

Last night expected problem to be resolved.

Looked at status at 8am which said some problems

Checked again at 9.17 to find instructions re Grandstream reset.

Have done that and appears to be OK

some of your customers will have problems locating the reset button - it might be useful to explain where to find it.

Message 3 of 20

Hi @Terry0781 

I'm so glad to hear that this is now working 🙂

Ahh thank you. Merry Christmas to you too 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Yes I did Debbie, a few times and the phone light stayed off, the good news is me being a tech expert, 15 mins ago I unlpugged the power from the DVA thingy put it back in and bingo all up and working (who needs grandkids Ha Ha) Big thanks to you and the guy,s working through the night in this weather, Merry Christmas to you all, big thumbs up. 

Message 5 of 20

Hi @Terry0781 

Thanks for your reply.

Did you try this again this morning (after the fix was rolled out in the early hours this morning) holding the pin in until the leds on top start blinking simultaneously?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hi Debbie

Reason for confusion the chat line reffered to it as ATA, yes reset as you said(actually done this 2 or 3 times over the last couple of days) phone light again flashed for a few seconds and has gone off. Grandstream says I am on line, and I can see all my contacts but when I try to ring nothing, like all the others.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi @Terry0781 

This the voice adapter - it's the little device that your phone connects to.

Hope this helps 🙂

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Sorry Debbie being an old codger with none of my grandkids around, what is the DVA??

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi @Terry0781 

Our Network Engineers have asked if you could try resetting the DVA again please, holding the pin in until the leds on top start blinking simultaneously. Please let me know if there is any change following this.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi Debbie

Is this nation wide or area (York), I did a reset on the ATA this morning and now the phone light has gone off, only power light and internet light is on,I tried again a bit later, turned eero off it fired back up again waited 20 min still no phone light on ATA, as we speak, I think I will go out for a coffee (Ha Ha). 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi Gleha

Our engineers have identified the problem and are actively working to deploy the fix. We expect this to automatically update on your equipment in the early hours of the morning and your normal service to resume. We sincerely apologise and understand the inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for your patience whilst we have worked to resolve this issue.

Please can you retest?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Our Service status page has now been updated

We are aware customers with FTTP services are currently experiencing issues making and receiving calls, our engineers are aware of the issue and are working hard to a resove this. We will provide any updates here, we apologise for any inconvenience this is causing.

Service Status | TalkTalk Help & Support

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi Gleha

Apologies for this.

The team are investigating this at the moment as a priority.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

No success

Have powered down eero and reset grandstream twice.

No effect

Seems other people are also having problems

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi again,

Further to my last post -

We’re aware that some Full Fibre Digital Voice (VoIP) customers are currently unable to make and receive  calls.

Latest update: 08:10am 13th December 2023

Service has been restored, we recommend if you're still being affected, to power down both the eero router and the Grandstream digital voice adapter and use the factory reset pin, this will clear the issue.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi Gleha,

I'm sorry for the delay. There was an incident yesterday which should now be resolved. Is your voice service currently working?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 20

Still waiting for Talk talk to correct fault.

No phone since 9 am this morning.

Seems lots of people having same trouble

0 Likes

Modelman
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 20

I've got the same issue here for incoming and outgoing calls. It's also giving a engaged tone as well sometimes. I wondered why the phone has been quiet this afternoon.

0 Likes

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

Just had update from technical team

Apparently talk talk having problems with VOIP and working to restore service

Told to reboot in 2 to 3 hours 

will update if that works

0 Likes