cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Grandstream will not register phone plus other issues with FF150 + voip

btcolin
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 86 of 86

I am a long-time TalkTalk/Tiscali customer (more than 20 years!). I had been on what I found out was FF65 plus copper landline for more than 2 years. My plan came to an end and I suddenly started getting charged north of £33 per month after being on low £20s for the previous plan.

I got in touch with TT and they advised me that my best offer would be FF150 + Voip.

So I agreed to the upgrade.

They organised an Open Reach Engineer to come and "install" the system.

My equipment arrived by post.

I chatted with TT and asked if I could install the equipment as I already had FTTP and asked if I really needed an engineer visit. We agreed that I would install the Eero and Grandstream as I already had the working FF65.

I got the Eero up and running with the Grandstream connected and interacting with the Eero.

The engineer came at his allotted time and checked my installation and said he had been asked to install a completely different fibre to cat6 (OTR?) router, but advised that this wasn't necessary. 

He checked what I had done and said it is all connected correctly, and to wait until TT switch me to the FF150 plus voip.

So here is the problem:

My switch day was 17th July.

I received a text from TT to say that my FF150 package had been activated.

I checked this and found that my speed was still the same as the FF65 and my telephone only worked on the old copper line. 

I therefore assumed that my new package had not been activated.

Back on to TT chat on 18th July am. I was shuffled around a few "experts" and told to give it a little time.

Later that day my copper telephone connection dropped. So I checked again.

Still same speed as FF65 and my grandstream voip box said "device not registered"

I got back on to TT chat in the afternoon of the 18th and was tossed around like a hot potato between all sorts of very polite "experts" and after more than 2.5 hours! I was told that the system needed to adjust itself.

I've now waited for the system to "adjust itself" but I still have the same FF65 speed and the same "device not registered from the voip box.

I've reset the Grandstream, I've turned off and on the Eero, all to no avail. still FF65 speed and same voip box message.

Oh and I also got an email from TT saying the package was switched on!

I'm not wet behind the ears with computers and still think that TT haven't properly checked that they have "switched on" my package properly.

HELP

85 REPLIES 85

Message 2 of 86

Thank you

Cheers Colin 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 86

Hi btcolin

I can see that a credit has now been raised for the incorrect engineer charge 

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Message 4 of 86

So.... I've just got off the phone to customer services and full fibre technical  after one and half hours on the phone.

The current status is that they've escalated it to the back office and given me an enquiry number and a rep number, and I  should receive a call back in the next three to five days.

I don't know what to say.

Cheers Colin 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 86

AND I THOUGHT THE SAGA WAS OVER.

I've just received my bill from TalkTalk for this month. They have the gall to charge me for an engineer visit during the 6 weeks or so of their incompetence and bad service. 

I'm having to  put on my battle gear again and resume listening to that tiresome hold muzak.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 86

Good afternoon Colin,

I'm really glad to hear this. Thanks for keeping us updated and I'm sorry that it has taken so long to resolve this for you.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 86

At last some good news!

The engineer called this morning. He was the same that called the first time. He had prepared well and brought the other type of ONT that is used for business customers. He explained why it had to be installed. Something about the FF150 having to work on channel two whereas the FF65 was on channel one. 

Anyway... He exchanged the single ONT for this one, activated it and after some time the ONT sprang into life. Shortly after that my Eero light turned from red to white.  We checked the speed and it was 150mbps.

After switching the Grandstream off and on, it took a short while and and came up with the three blue lights.

We tested it successfully.

I've now put my landline telephone base and the Grandstream back where I want them and the VoIP is working fine through an ethernet switch and two ethernet powerline adapters.

And breathe!

I'm awaiting my complaints case manager to call a bit later so I can update her.

Thank you for all your help and letting me blow off steam here.

Cheers Colin

Message 8 of 86

Hi Colin,

I've sent your update straight over now to the CEO Team.

Michelle

btcolin
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 86

I am currently without Internet so I'm having to use up phone data to keep in touch.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 86

Hi Michelle. I already have a complaint number.

My complaint case manager is Amina. 

She is supposed to call me tomorrow.

I would appreciate her at least being updated with today's events.

Cheers Colin 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 86

Hi Colin,

I'm really sorry. Would you like me to ask the Complaints Team to contact you?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 86

The saga continues...

Today I  woke up to find that my Internet (FF65) had been disconnected. 

So much for the promised auto transfer to FF150. 

I waited until 9am and called TalkTalk. I eventually got through to the full fibre team in the Far East. There was a delay on the line making communication difficult. After nearly an hour and a half on the phone testing the line, swapping out cables, rebooting equipment etc, they decided they needed to book an Open Reach engineer (engineer #4) to come and look at the problem. So he is booked for tomorrow. 

Another inconvenience and a day lost.

When will it end?

Cheers Colin 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 86

No Problem 🙂

Our Team can pick this up for you if needed.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 86

Hi Michelle,

I received email confirmation from Amina on Wednesday on 14th that my FF65 would be turned off on 19th and the FF150 + Voip would take over from there.

A call-back was also programmed for the 20th, but I've had to rearrange that for the 21st.

I'll update here as things progress.

Cheers Colin

0 Likes

Message 15 of 86

Hi Colin,

I'm really sorry to hear this and we'll check back in with you after this date.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 16 of 86

Hi Michelle,

Received my call back from Amina in complaints and she told me that the engineer reported that my broadband was working but my voip wasn't.

She told me that we have to wait until the TalkTalk process of ceasing my FF65 has run its course (19th August) and my FF150 has kicked in before she can check what is happening to my landline (voip). 

I commented that this upgrade process is totally ludicrous with chat and helpline personnel not knowing what to do or say and even giving answers that diverge from TalkTalk published information. 

Also, I commented that if the "leaving Talktalk" process had been started when I first signed up for FF150, the whole episode would've been solved by now, and if I'd been properly briefed, I would've not had such a stressful, time consuming month.

Anyway, there doesn't seem any chance of speeding up the process. I have to wait.

She will investigate next week and keep me updated with her findings, and she'll call me again once the FF150 has reached me and check out my voip connection.

I have plugged my ethernet back into the Eero so I can at least use it on the Internet in the interim.

Cheers Colin  

0 Likes

Message 17 of 86

Hi Colin

Glad the engineer has visited as requested.  He will report his findings and the complaints team can then look at these prior to contacting you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 86

Morning Michelle, 

Engineer has just visited and checked my system. He said there is nothing wrong my end and will report that back to Talktalk.

Cheers Colin 

0 Likes

btcolin
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 86

Hi Fergerson,

I've now retired my Sagemcom router and am using a BrosTrend AC1200 as an extender in wifi mode. This overcomes the problem that I can't connect my scanner/printer direct to the Eero by wifi due to its age and security protocols. I will play with connecting the BrosTrend by ethernet cable when I've got over all the other issues I'm having with TalkTalk, buts its working fine at the moment.

Cheers Colin

Message 20 of 86

Ok thanks for confirming. We'll check back in with you on Monday morning to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes