cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Changing Email for My Account Login

SiHancox4
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Long story short, because of using my email to receive billing information on two TalkTalk Accounts (one was my mom’s that was migrated from Shell Energy) I had login issues on my My Account…was therefore advised by @Arne-TalkTalk that email should be removed from those accounts and the My Account re-register process done again.

Was warned that when re-registering I would have to initially use another email, which eventually was successful…but I’m now trying to revert back to my original email but your system is telling me that email no longer exists (even though I’m still receiving email ok).

Pic 1Pic 1

Note that when I try to access my TalkTalk Mailbox, to presumably check or add that email the following is given.

Pic 2Pic 2

So I have no way at the moment to revert back to using my previous @dsl.pipex.com email for My Account login or for receiving billing information.

To add to the frustration, the My Account re-registration process has changed how I access this forum, I can no longer use that previous email and therefore retain all previous discussions…I’ve been forced to use the new email and hence I’m back as a newbie.

So, how can I revert My Account login back to my previous email.

Note @Arne-TalkTalk was the one dealing with this…hopefully this will reach him.

Regards,

Si.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Good to know you now have access 

I've escalated for support staff to comment on your email issue .

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 3 of 5

Hi fr8ys,

Thank you for talking time to reply, it’s appreciated.

I have had issues with login into My Account for a while now, I seem to recall it started when TT undertook a major change to “systems” which may have been 10 years ago now (although the exact period eludes me).

But I’ve always been able to access with my pipex email, but only via code…so never via password and not via mobile number/code…and it was the reason I couldn’t obtain a code via text that started this investigation in to why!

Using a none TT email or the Re-Registration has restored access to My Account using all the options again (ie. password, email and mobile codes)…but I still find it strange the system is reporting my pipex email address doesn’t exist in TalkTalk Mailbox (see that first pic) even though I’m still receiving email via that same address!

Anyhow, it would be nice to know what’s going on…so can any OCE’s please advise, it would be appreciated.

Regards,

Si.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

I think the issue may be that you cannot use legacy TalkTalk email addresses to login for security reasons.

Whether this extends to pipex ones I'm not sure but as you are having difficulties I suspect so.

This changed some years ago.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).