cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Initial Latency connection issue with Sagemon router and Full Fibre

techsavy
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

Since being swapped from the Fibre 65 (copper connection) to Full Fibre 65 in September, I have been experiencing a serious latency issue when first connecting to the new Sagemon supplied router. The issue has been reported to Talk Talk without any resolution. Exact same devices, same location just router swapped from Huawei to Sagemon and Copper to Full Fibre. 

Can Talk Talk please advise whether they have me on Wifi-optimisation at their end?  I have moved to the least congested channel in the area and then overnight I can see that my router is being accessed and I am being moved to the most congested channel in the area.

The latency issue is not related to the congestion as when I move to an uncongested channel I obvisouly get improved speed but still have this initial latency issue. 

Router has been reset many times and two routers have already been tried.

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 26

They will pick up your thread but they do not work at weekends.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

techsavy
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 26

Keith, Thanks, I have just spent 1.5 hours on the chat to be told that they cannot switch off wifi-optimisation at their end? It looks like only the community techs seem to have the training to do this. Hence I hope they pick this thread up.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 26

So far I have only asked TalkTalk to disable WiFi optimisation, as I didn't know that you were having Ethernet issues as well. You will just need to tell them this when they reply to you.

The hidden 5GHz SSID is the backhaul for connection to a Sagemcom FAST 266 WiFi Booster, which when connected to the router, forms a mesh network.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 26

Hi Keith, Thanks, The latency issue is also when connected to ethernet and even when standing right next to the router on Wifi. Hence latency issue not a Wifi issue.

However, the wifi optimisation is also causing a speed issue, that is having to be manually corrected by accessing the router currently as I am being moved to the most congested channels each evening not the least congested channel.  Hence Wifi optmisation seems to be switched on.

Do you know at all what the hidden 5Ghz channel is being used for? as you can only see the normal2.4 and  5GHz channel in the router, but a hidden one also exists which can be seen with a Wifi-Analyser.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 26

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and disable Wi-Fi Optimisation for you. When that is done, if you still have problems let me know & I will help to resolve these issues. Do you have any problems with wired (Ethernet) connected devices?

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith

0 Likes