cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Intermittent very poor dowload speeds

Chris_M_Ford
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Good afternoon,

I am at a loss to understand why, although I am on Fibre150 and this is usually the speed I get,

fairly often and for considerable periods of the day my download speed can be below 50Mbps. The 2 attached files (from ookla Speedtest illustrate the problem. How can this be explained? Also, something which may or may not be related, in My Account my guaranteed download speed is given as 38Mbps!

Thoughts / ideas / help would be much appreciated as, although 150Mbps is far more than I need on a day to day basis, it is what my contract says that I should be getting.

Many thanks,

Chris Ford Retired, volunteering and happy after 40 years in I.T and comms (was ChrisFord previously)
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Chris,

Ok thank you. If the speed is ok at the ONT then please let us know as we can then focus on the wireless connection.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Chris_M_Ford
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Hi Michelle and Keith,

As you can see from the data this issue is intermittent, although often for several hours. When it next occurs I will try the test direct from the ONT.

Just for your information I am using my Fritz!Box 7590 router which I have used for years as neither the eero or Hub 2 have wifi that works with my Gramofon devices and neither have the telephony features of the Fritz!Box.

Many thanks for your interest and advice which is much appreciated.

Chris 

Chris Ford Retired, volunteering and happy after 40 years in I.T and comms (was ChrisFord previously)
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, what speeds do you see if you run a wired speed test directly at the ONT with the router removed please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi Chris,

Which make/model of router do you have with your Fibre 150, the hub 2 or eero. If the eero, what speed does the app report? If the Hub 2, please can you connect a wired (Ethernet) device in place of it & do a speed test from there over the ONT.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes