cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Line upgrade to Full Fibre - Installation Issues

Caalon
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi There,

Recently i have made decision to upgrade my broadband to FTTP 900 variant, as my VDSL deal is coming to end and this just became available.

Today (04/03/24) MJQuinn on behalf of Openreach came and performed installation (all wiring including of fitting of ONT has been done), however they could not connect to Openreach network (PON light solid red), and they left saying to contact TalkTalk as Openreach engineer need to come and investigate fault.

I have been then in touch with Support, however they cannot give any updates, as there is nothing on their system to support this issue.

Is there anything i can do? How long normally does it take to have issue like that resolved?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Brilliant, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Chris,

Thanks!

This now seem to be working fine, that's case closed now then 🙂

Best regards

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Caalon,

That's great news. Regarding the voice service, I would give it a couple of hours and if it's then still not working please let me know and I'll look into it further

Chris

Message 4 of 8

Hi Chris,

Openreach engineer turned up today to rectify fault, apparently it was bad splice 2 roads down that was preventing connection.

This is up and running now.

On the other hand, since now this is completed, how long will it take for Digital Voice Adapter to come online?

Best regards

Message 5 of 8

No there's no time scale but I'll keep an eye on it and let you know when there's an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi Chris,

Thanks for that, please keep me posted. 

Did they provided you with any timescale?

Best regards

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Caalon,

This is still in hand with Openreach, we should hopefully have an update later today so I'll check again this afternoon

Chris

0 Likes