cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Long story - no internet

AngryMum
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

Last year we got an email telling us that we would be upgraded to Faster Fibre at no extra cost. City Fibre had just finished cabling the street. The guys came on 21 October and told me that all that was now needed was for TalkTalk to sync the new router. Despite calls and other chats, this never happened. We gave up. We still had broadband over the old copper connection.

Last week, the connection appears to have failed or been cut overnight. Several chats later, an 'engineer' from Qubeuk attended on Monday. He couldn't solve the problem and told me that we would need Openreach to come out. He called them and gave them my number so that they could arrange an appointment. He literally ran out of the house.

Heard nothing and contacted TalkTalk again with the usual palaver. Eventually was told by the Complaints guy that I really needed City Fibre. Heard nothing from them today and the fault has now been closed. 

Sadly our contract still has 5 months to go or I would just leave.  

Any suggestions for getting our internet restored?

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Excellent, glad you have got it working.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

Hi Karl,

Swapped sockets and reset the extenders and everything is working again.

Thanks so much for your help.

Carol 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

Hi

Do the extenders have all green lights on ?

Have you tried swapping the extenders around, or tried in a different wall socket ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

We did a factory reset on the box last night and it wouldn't work. I have tried a different ethernet cable and different port on the router just now and it still can't connect to the router. We have WiFi extenders as the TV point is on the opposite side of the room from the router socket. The extender boxes are under a year old and were working fine before we were switched to fibre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Hi

This box should just connect with an ethernet cable to the router. If it is having issues, try another port on the router, or another ethernet cable if you have one.  You can also factory reset the box from the settings menu if you think it could be the box.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Huawei DN360T

We've had it for years and years.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

Hi

What model of box do you have ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

AngryMum
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 24

We can't get the Youview box to connect with the new router. We have tried all the suggestions on other threads relating to Youview box issues. Can someone please get back to me on this?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Hi

I think the engineer was out over the weekend from City Fibre, but our teams are still planning to call you to follow up on the case.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Message 10 of 24

Karl,

I don't think we need an engineer as the WiFi started working at some point on Sunday morning. We have no idea why this happened.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Hi

Our teams have advised me, that they spoke to you on Friday, have booked an engineer, and have a follow up call booked for tomorrow to check if the connection is fully working.

Hopefully the engineer will have put things right, but our Fibre teams will check this with you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

Hi

We are chasing this for you now.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Staff will be back on here from Monday, @AngryMum.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

AngryMum
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 24

We have come home and our internet is working again. It wasn't working first thing. We have had no communication from either TalkTalk or City Fibre since Friday at 18.00. 

Can someone advise if this is just a chance thing or if the issue has been identified and properly resolved?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Hi

I've emailed the Team to advise you have nor received the callback and to pick this up asap.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

AngryMum
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 24

Another TalkTalk fail. Yesterday morning I spoke to someone who told me to switch off my router and ONT box for 20 minutes and they would phone me back today between 12.00 and 14.00. 

No call back and no internet. 

I have come home to wait for the call. 

These people are so useless.

Message 17 of 24

Hi

as soon as we hear anything, we will post here.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

AngryMum
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 24

Many thanks for your help 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. I've passed this over to our Faults Escalation Team now and we will post back as soon as we receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

Also tried to connect when the router was switched off and there was no connection showing via the cable.

0 Likes