cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Loss of connection - new installation 2 days ago

Weesa1983
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I just had Full Fibre installed by City Fibre 2 days ago. Took us a while to get it working after engineer left (disappointed they didn't actually help and check all ok before leaving!). Anyway, worked ok from around 3pm the around 10pm, all service was gone. Broadband and Service lights on my hub were off. Tried all sorts of rebooting but nothing. Woke up around 5am the next day and it was working again. Tonight around 8pm, we have had the same issue with the lights out and no service. Did anyone else experience this?? I understand it can take time to stabilise but I would expect loss of speed not complete loss of service for hours! Our Virgin cables are gone so can't even reconnect. I am really uneasy gicen my husband and I both work from home so can't accept the loss of service altogether. Worried we've made a bad decision!!

L Crawford
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

OK thanks. I've sent a PM to confirm some details so that we can discuss the issue further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Added. Unfortunately still no service this morning!

L Crawford
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

Hi Weesa1983,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Can you add your account number to the private notes section of your Community Profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Thanks, have updated my profile.

L Crawford
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

OK, complete your community profile (click here) to include your phone/account number and the support team can advise further. 

0 Likes

Weesa1983
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Sorry, yes, the black box on the wall. The broadband and service lights are off

L Crawford
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

You say the lights on your Hub were off, do you mean the ONT i.e. the box on the wall? 

0 Likes