cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Loss of income compensation

Way4ward
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I was without landline/internet connection for 19 days - for reasons entirely out of my control.  This meant I could not do my work.  I understand there is a system of auto-compensation, but my loss of income far exceeds that amount.  How to I make a claim?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

HI Way4ward

As a residential service we do not cover any business losses its in the terms and conditions that you will have agreed to upon sign up 

6.1 You may not use your services, or allow your services to be used: 

(a) for business purposes, unless otherwise agreed in writing

You will be entitled to Auto-compensation this is calculated 30 days after the fault is fixed you will be notified via SMS/Email when the credit is applied. 

Regards

Message 2 of 4

Oops missed the link

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Please see here regarding compensation.

Unfortunately there is no compensation payable above the auto limit.

If you are a business perhaps you have cover under your business interruption cover.

Also if a business, is the residential line best for you or should you consider a business account?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).