cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New Talktalk fibre internet not working

tucothefatcat
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

My TalkTalk fibre broadband was installed on 21st Feb and after more than 3 weeks it still isn't working.

Every time I set up the eero it fails a the 'Connecting to the Internet' phase. I have spent many fruitless hours on the online support chat and each time I am walked through the eero setup again and then finally they agree to raise a fault ticket with the network provider City Fibre. I'm told that City Fibre just close the faults as 'eero setup not done'. Now I've been sent an old style wifi hub and that also fails to connect to the internet.

I am a tech savvy guy and when I run a wireshark on a PC ethernet adapter connected directly to the ONT box, I can see that the DHCP DISCOVER is being sent to the ONT box but no DHCP OFFER is ever received.

I can't spend another 2 hours trying to explain this to the online chat and getting nowhere. What else can I do to get my Talktalk fibre internet working?

Thanks.

Dominic
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Glad to hear it's working now, apologies for any inconvenience. if you'd like to discuss compensation could you raise this in the billing section please

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Yes, thank you, it is working now. I am relived after a lot of frustration.

Can I get compensation on my bill for the 4 weeks that the service wasn't working after installation?

Dominic
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi tucothefatcat,

I've received an update from City Fibre, they think they've resolved the problem, are you now able to connect?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

OK thanks for trying. I'll pass this over to City Fibre and ask them to take a look

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Yes, I have powered it off/on as you advised and it sill doesn't work. No Internet IP address is received from the ONT box.

Please chase City Fibre for resolution. 

Thanks

Dominic
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi tucothefatcat,

Could you switch the ONT off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. If then still unable to connect please let me know and I'll pass it over to City Fibre for investigation

Chris

tucothefatcat
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Profile set up.

Thanks

Dominic

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

If you are using the Eero,  you must be on Future Fibre (full fibre to the premises) @tucothefatcat, so I'l move this to that message board. 

Staff reply during business hours Monday-Friday. 

Please ensure that you have completed your community forum profile details for them to your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; add TT account number in Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes