cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre 900 Internet down AGAIN ever since 5pm

WalkWalk88
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

My internet has been down ever since 5pm. I've missed a work deadline on a Friday and I am not pleased about it this!

I thought moving to Full Fibre would be stable.. apparently not as this has happened a few times already.

Can someone look into this urgently please?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. I've passed this over to our Faults Team now and will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Message 2 of 9

There's 3 solid lights on the ONT under Power, PON and LAN. The router has been a solid red light since Friday. I've also tried connecting directly from the ONT. Also powered the router and ONT down for a full 30mins.

It's definitely an external issue since it's affecting the whole estate.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Morning,

I've run a test on the line which is clear and the test is asking us to check the home set up. Can I just confirm, what lights are currently on the ONT? Does the connection work if you remove the router and connect directly at the ONT? Have you also tried powering down both the ONT and router for a full 30 minutes and then tried connecting again?

Thanks

Message 4 of 9

Morning,

I haven't been in touch with the Fibre team. I thought they would have read this message.

Can you book an Open Reach engineer to fix it please. It seems to be an external problem affecting others on the street with FTTP.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Have you been in contact with our Future Fibre Team since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

I think it's excellent support from your fellow customers, @WalkWalk88, who give of their free time.....

You can ask for support meanwhile from the number and link I gave you in my reply, but of course using a mobile if you're without FF Broadband.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

WalkWalk88
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

It looks like it's an external problem as our neighbours Internet is down too and they're with BT. BT managed to book an Openreach engineer to come out on Monday. Why can't TalkTalk arrange anything for me instead if saying that this message won't get looked at until Monday?

This is very poor support for a big ISP. I know I won't be staying with TalkTalk once my contract expires.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

There are no staff on here before Monday, @WalkWalk88.

Chat support is available every day. Phone support on Saturday,  not Sunday. For full fibre issues the number is 03451 720074.

Check hours of availability at the end of this article:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes